Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Clone Wars on Cartoon Network 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / SCI-FI / Movie SCI-FI and Adventure / Star Wars / Clone Wars on Cartoon Network
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Clone Wars on Cartoon Network

Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Store Fronts Around the World
Posted:  04 Sep 2008 17:03
Cartoon Network has announced an Friday, Oct. 3 launch for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the first weekly television series from Lucasfilm Animation.

The series will launch with a one-hour special at 9 p.m. and will be joined by The Secret Saturdays and Ben 10: Alien Force for the network's Saturday night action lineup.

Here's how the series is described:

:In the signature style of Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars chronicles the adventures of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Ahsoka Tano and other favorite Star Wars characters as they struggle against the dark side during the divisive, action-packed Clone Wars. Each week, a new story in the galaxy-changing Clone Wars comes to center stage, brought to the screen by supervising director Dave Filoni and executive producer George Lucas.

"Dwindling numbers of Jedi fight to maintain freedom and restore peace to the galaxy, using their army of genetically engineered clones against the seemingly never-ending droid army. The terrible conflict grows wider as our heroes are swept into the turmoil of war, while the evil Count Dooku, his assassin Asajj Ventress, their master Darth Sidious, the mechanical General Grievous and a rogue's gallery of never-before-seen villains scheme to defeat them."

The first two half-hour episodes airing on Oct. 3 are:

"Ambush" at 9 p.m. -- Jedi Master Yoda is on a secret mission to forge a treaty with the King of the strategic system of Toydaria when his ship is ambushed by Count Dooku. Yoda and three clone troopers must face off against Count Dooku's dreaded assassin Ventress and her massive droid army to prove the Jedi are strong enough to protect the king and his people from the forces of the war.

"Rising Malevolence" at 9:30 p.m. -- Creating panic throughout the galaxy, a devastating Separatist mystery weapon terrorizes the clone Starfleet. Anakin and Ahsoka race to save Jedi Master Plo Koon and his clone troopers in time.

source: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0809/02/index.htm

Star Wars posters

http://movie-poster.ws/images/clone-wars.jpg

Clone Wars Movie poster for sale
Posted:  05 Sep 2008 03:01
forgot to mention, i saw that movie too, terrible!  may have been OK as a tv show, but an overall pointless plot considering we know the outcome of the saga, and many unintended laugh, boxy action, monologeuing form obi-wan, and...goofy droids?!?
score:2
Posted:  05 Sep 2008 14:25
I've read that George Lucas once asked Mark Hamill if he might be interested in doing a sequel where Luke Skywalker trains some new Jedi.

Nothing's been heard since, but I think that's the way to go. I want to see the Star Wars gang in the future. No more rehashing what happens before Darth Vader dies. Let's see what happens afterwards.

Wouldn't be neat if Lucas actually explained where in the world this galaxy far far away was, or even when it was?
Posted:  06 Sep 2008 17:34
Cartoon Network? Taking that awful movie to put it into a T.V. series?
Posted:  06 Sep 2008 17:59
But what do you think about bringing the old crew back for a live action film?
Posted:  07 Sep 2008 01:06
awesome idea for bringing them back!

I mean there have been plenty of books that tell about what happens afterwards. Luke opens a Jedi Academy and trains new force wielders while Han and Leia marry and have kids. Then Luke has to fight against Mara Jade who was a secret apprentice of the Emperor's that even Vader didn't know about. But Luke eventually turns her and they get married and have a kid too.

Of course after that the kids all grow up and become Jedi as well!

Take your pick, there is plenty to warrent movies after Return of the Jedi.
Posted:  07 Sep 2008 01:31
Yeah, more intense, and all, I have this book it says there's a new sith called Darth Mallak.
Posted:  07 Sep 2008 19:01
I've never read any of the Star Wars books except for mainly Marvel Comics original run.
Posted:  09 Sep 2008 14:46   Last Edited By: Punishment
Quote:
I've never read any of the Star Wars books except for mainly Marvel Comics original run

I know, I used to be a fan, then I stuck with marvel when issue #25 came out.

Captain America - Comic Cover
Buy This Captain America poster

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League