Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Wolverine Review In 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Wolverine Review In

Knoxville, Tn Home Inspector
Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  30 Apr 2009 22:12   Last Edited By: Tim
I just read this one review at yahoo movies
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.eonline.com/review-xmen-origins-wolverine-hairy-mess-20090430

and one on variety today. http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117940156.html?categoryid=31&cs=1

The first one totally bashed Wolverine from his dialogue though I suspect it's because he doesn't dig action movies that much. Not enough girly touchy feely crap for him I guess.

Here's what variety had to say,

Quote:
Heavily fortified with adamantium, testosterone and CGI, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" is a sharp-clawed, dull-witted actioner that falls short of the two Bryan Singer-directed pics in the franchise but still overpowers 2006's "X-Men: The Last Stand." For all its attempts to probe the physiological and psychological roots of its tortured antihero, this brawny but none-too-brainy prequel sustains interest mainly -- if only fitfully -- as a nonstop slice-and-dice vehicle for Hugh Jackman.
Hey, sounds like my kind of movie. I thought X3 was much better than the first two. Too much brainy phooey, or what they call brainy. A lot of social commentary is not what I find that really compelling and that's what the first two X movies did. I suppose that was supposed to be brainy. All I want is good honest characterization and a hero that goes around beating the snot out of bad guys with tons of explosions and junk like that. I don't want to get in touch with my feminine side. I want mass destruction.

And let me clarify that doesn't mean I need to see the bad guy's guts hanging from a tree on a 20 minute closeup. I like action, but I'm not a nut job. Man, these dang Hollywood types!

I could be wrong, but I bet Wolverine makes more in one week than the Watchmen did the entire time. Main reason being the R Rating shut the door on too many kids.

X-men store - Books Clothing DVDs Toys Video Games
Posted:  30 Apr 2009 22:21
If he wants drama, he should go back to high school.
Posted:  30 Apr 2009 22:42
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Well maybe my worst enemy.
Posted:  01 May 2009 20:42
I didn't care much for X3. It was okay. Cyclops dying ruined it for me. I didn't like Xavier dying either. That's not supposed to happen. I am looking forward to Wolverine though. I never read his comics and never cared for his character, so if it wasn't for all the other cameos being in there like Gambit and Cyclops, I probably wouldn't be so interested.
Posted:  01 May 2009 22:45
Really, I've always liked Wolverine. He was always after the main dudes like Spider-man, Superman, Hulk, Captain America. At least as a kid anyway, but after seeing Hugh Jackman's Wolverine I've become a bigger fan of Wolverine. I think Hugh Jackman does for Wolverine what Christopher Reeve did for Superman.
Posted:  02 May 2009 05:11
My favorites were always Captain America, Spider-Man, the Hulk, and Hawkeye. I wasn't that big of a fan of the X-Men. The only ones I really cared about were Cyclops and Beast. Those guys were cool.
Posted:  02 May 2009 14:01   Last Edited By: Tim
I got into X-men somewhere around 83 or 84. I read a special reprint of the Dark Phoenix Saga and I got into it from there. I've never have been as crazy about the early 90's stuff that came after. There's been some good stories and art along the way here and there. I don't get into every X-men story arc.

I remember collecting the X-men where those Rom aliens the Wraiths were showing up everywhere.

The last big X-men story I got into was the one right before the heroes got sent to the Heroes Reborn world. The one with Onslaught

http://superherouniverse.com/wiki/images/a/a9/Onslaught1.jpg
Posted:  02 May 2009 19:57
i actually enjoyed the movie but some of the actors could have been better(will.i.am) and i think they totally screwed up deadpool!!!!!!!!!!!! but overall the movie was good!! i think comics are great cuz of all the crazy stuff that goes on in them, i don't have to know what makes hulk ,or how nightcrawler teleports, to know they are great characters,and to enjoy they're adventures, its fiction!!!! i know that from the get go!!!! if i want a serious movie i'll go see a serious movie, if i want to see a bunch of characters in spandex with crazy powers fighting evil crazy mutants thats my choice!!! i hate it when people bash the movie cuz it's not to"real",or not "brainy".come on!!!! the movie is fine. don't listen to those fools!!!
Posted:  03 May 2009 07:44
yeah, i liked it a lot.  i don't think it's quite the best that's come out of the x-men franchise, but I still really enjoyed it.
my full review is on my site-with pictures!
i'd re-paste it here but i wrote a novel.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Review
Posted:  04 May 2009 00:40
I liked it, and even my wife liked it, and she's not a comic book fan. She just likes good movies. Boxing scene with Blob was hilarious! Gambit action scenes were awesome. Sabretooth was the perfect villain.
Posted:  04 May 2009 03:12
yeah, i actually saw this one with my mom and she loved even more than I did.  wolverine, high jackman, revenge, and action are obviously timeless elements for the silver screen.
Posted:  04 May 2009 17:59
Got my review done.

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League