Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Post Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Reviews 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / Saturday Morning Heroes / Transformers / Post Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Reviews
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Post Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Reviews

Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Store Fronts Around the World
Posted:  25 Jun 2009 15:06
Post Transformers Revenge of the Fallen reviews here after you see the movie. I'm really curious to here the word on it.

Transformers posters
Posted:  26 Jun 2009 23:34
Well I saw the movie today, and I was reasonably entertained. It was pretty fun. Lots of humor, explosions, battles, etc. My biggest complaint is I now can' hear as good before I saw this movie.

Some crude humor that to me was just kind of weird. I'm not sure who would think the dog scenes were funny.

Optimus stole the show of course. Loved it when he said, "Let's roll". I'm thinking that was in reference to 911.

I also really really want that camaro.
Posted:  27 Jun 2009 18:11   Last Edited By: Bono Fett
Saw it last night and thought it was pretty darn good. Prime is the baddest bot in the galaxy hands down. I was a little disapointed that the "new" autobots and decepticons did'nt really get developed in the story. But overall I liked it a lot. Can't wait for the next one to come out. All I want to hear in the next one is "Me Grimlok, me crush Decepticons!!!"
Oh and Time " Let's roll." is a reference to the cartoon " Autobots transform and roll out!"

Posted:  27 Jun 2009 18:40
Read this review online too and here we go with the political correctness police...

Among the criticisms leveled at Michael Bay's rock 'em, sock 'em Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen are charges that two of Bay's secondary robot characters, Mudflap and Skids, promote offensive racial stereotypes. The director doesn't disagree -- he just doesn't see anything wrong with it.

Lest you think that these critics are being hopelessly, knee-jerkingly PC, consider the following: The comic-relief robots have enormous jug ears and bug eyes. One of them has a gold tooth. They speak in a high-pitched, rapid-fire drawl that calls to mind Chris Tucker and the Wayans brothers (as reported here by Erik Davis, the voices were done by black actor Reno Wilson, and comedian and voice talent Tom Kenny, who also voices Spongebob Squarepants). Their "street" dialogue runs along the line of one of them suggesting "popping a cap" in another robot.

"We're just putting more personality in," Bay told the Associated Press. "I don't know if it's stereotypes - they are robots, by the way. These are the voice actors. This is kind of the direction they were taking the characters and we went with it."

Mudflap and Skids are hardly the only thing that critics are finding wrong with Bay's sequel, but in a film that's chock-a-block full of things to hate, it still stands out as one of the most egregious botches. In her review in the New York Times, critic Manohla Dargis wrote that the characters speak with "conspicuously cartoonish, so-called black voices that indicate that minstrelsy remains as much in fashion in Hollywood as when, well, Jar Jar Binks was set loose by George Lucas."

"I purely did it for kids," the director said. "Young kids love these robots, because it makes it more accessible to them."
Posted:  27 Jun 2009 20:08
I read a simlar piece about the non P.C. aspects of Skids and Mudflap. The only thing I would add is that the names alone are a little suspect. I know here in England both names are connected with toilet slang.
Posted:  27 Jun 2009 23:58
I was bothered by the two robots. I thought they were funny. I mean there are millions of people that actually talk that way white and black. Plus there were real black guys portrayed in the movie as heroes and tough soldier types. So I don't see the big deal. If a movie can't have anybody who doesn't fit the PC police's profile in it then what a boring bunch of characters that would be to watch.

They complained about Speedy Gonzalez too even though Mexican kids love him.

In short I think the PC police is a bunch of stuck up party poopers. They got to loosen and have some fun in life.
Posted:  29 Jun 2009 06:54
I'm with you Tim. They weren't like Jar Jar Binks and the rest of the Gungans in episode one which I thought were just tooooo over the top. Skids and Mudflap were just a representation of the youth of America in my opinion. Look at Jazz, one of the original Gen 1 Transformers he spoke jive in the cartoon and in the first movie and nobody cared. Now a robot says "popping a cap"  and super sensitive liberal America is shocked and amazed.

Woops sorry about that rant....
Posted:  29 Jun 2009 14:24
They are probably nit picking it because they made the President's man look like a wimp.

The only thing I can see someone legitimately complaining about on this movie is if they were afraid their kids would hear too many cuss words.
Posted:  29 Jun 2009 19:29
There was a lot of cussing in this one.
Posted:  04 Jul 2009 01:36
I liked it a lot. It was awesome. It was funny too, but they could have left the dog part and some of the other crude jokes out but I thought overall it was great. It seemed like a lot more action in this movie than the last one.
Posted:  06 Jul 2009 06:36   Last Edited By: SuperDude
i was disappointed in comparison to the original, but compared to most movies it was a lot of fun, and many of the flaws i saw were less poignant when i watched it again.
http://www.greenhatreviews.com/transformers2.html

Captain America - Comic Cover
Buy This Captain America poster

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man