*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community MANGA 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
MANGA

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  12 Dec 2006 19:02
pill 4 i'd say m8
lol
oj
but seriously this topic has gone seriously off topic
||!!Join the Star Trek hate club!!||  kick the star trek section off of the forum!(star trek has no superhero's and its appearance disgraces the forum name)||just put the bits in ||'s in ur signature!||
Posted:  13 Dec 2006 08:51
*TAKES PILL 4 AND DIES* AAAAAA *BECOMES A GHOST* AAA
MYSELF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

all the roads we have to take are winding,and all the lights that lead us there are blinding
Posted:  27 Jan 2007 22:18
id say 4
lol
oj

But seriously this has gone seriously off topic.
naruto and full metal alchemist are a bit mainstream but they are quite brilliant, u shuld try some hellsing and there is a anime i know of called deep blue.
not many anime + manga is full of cute and fluffy its only the shitty mainstream crap tht no true anime lover likes,such as sailor moon.

good manga is more like sci-fi and horror themed, they get to areas tht no real drama or comic would dare to go.
they go into insanity,overwhelming power owned by physopaths tht cant control it,fights,and some even go into a spy theme. there is a large following for manga about war and weapons and almost all have slightly sexual scenes,even if it only goes as far as inuendos.
there is a rise on manga about vampires and about future worlds crumbling.
||!!Join the Star Trek hate club!!||  kick the star trek section off of the forum!(star trek has no superhero's and its appearance disgraces the forum name)||just put the bits in ||'s in ur signature!||
Posted:  28 Jan 2007 23:32
What started Manga anyway?
Posted:  29 Jan 2007 01:13
Manga is an ancient art form in japan,it is the oldest form of comic and is where english and american form of comic stole there layout from.
its practically 300 years old.
Posted:  29 Jan 2007 01:49
I had no idea it was so old.
Posted:  29 Jan 2007 21:06
cool i cn go through walls
goes through twisted chains head
walls that are REALLY thik

all the roads we have to take are winding,and all the lights that lead us there are blinding
Posted:  29 Jan 2007 22:44
And just how can you go through walls Mr. Stupid err Super_Stupid?
Posted:  31 Jan 2007 00:11
its nt really tht old, but it is older thn comics,but it used to be in a different layout until comics came along.
then they stole the layout bcos comics layout is more logical but since they're japanese they write backwards so u read it like a backwards book even when it is translated.i really do need to find out how old it is
Posted:  31 Jan 2007 00:15
AHA here we go its even older thn i thought it was ,
i nicked this from
http://www.animeinfo.org/animeu/hist102-l1.html

The term "manga" is itself a word that was not a part of the earliest Japanese words. In fact, the term was coined well after the first examples of what could be called "manga". In the 6th and 7th centuries, monks used to create scrolls which acted as calendars to keep track of time. These scrolls would consist of symbolic icons to represent time, and be decorated with pictures of animals such as foxes, raccoons, and the like, all acting as if they were humans. This was partly done as a form of satire, as the pictures sometimes told stories, but these were the first known "pictoral art" that could be called manga.

But it wasn't until the 17th and 18th centuries that the actual word "manga" was used to describe this form of art.
The term was coined by an artist named Hokusai (not his real name), a person who had a very different philosophy on the art and woodblock portrayals that were typical of the time. A man with a somewhat rebellious nature, Hokusai was known to talk back to his teachers and continually challenge their methods of doing things. He would eventually do his own art, and it is thought that around 30,000 art pieces, some of which are grouped into collections and books, survive him. Hokusai did many different pieces, influenced by things such as the art and artistic philosophies of the French and the Dutch, but none seemed to be like his unique style which he called "manga".
Posted:  06 Feb 2007 00:40
manga sucks chunks!(nooch)
Posted:  12 Mar 2007 01:51
manga is brilliant,now go away
Posted:  12 Mar 2007 20:12
anime can be amazingly awesome and something new in a world of remakes, or it can be...well, just look at pokemon.
samurai hcamploo is the best anime series ever.  any true anime fan loves this series.  watnabe (the director) is the king of anime.  he's also the king of awesome looking deaths, action, and limitiing his series' to only two seasons maintains a storyline and quality.  he also did the video that i posted under animatrix.
Posted:  15 Mar 2007 01:39
i agree there.
i have watched more anime thn manga and find manga a lot easier to understand
Posted:  25 Jul 2007 18:58
Quote:
And just how can you go through walls Mr. Stupid err Super_Stupid?
i died

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Top Ten Time Travel Books

*New Time Cruisers III Shadows of the Past

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman