Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Why has Mark Hamill never voiced Luke Skywalker? 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / SCI-FI / Movie SCI-FI and Adventure / Star Wars / Why has Mark Hamill never voiced Luke Skywalker?
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Why has Mark Hamill never voiced Luke Skywalker?

Knoxville, Tn Home Inspector
Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  08 Jan 2010 23:25   Last Edited By: Tim
Why has Mark Hamill never voiced Luke Skywalker?

http://www.posterlovers.com/gallery/data/510/star-wars.jpg

Quote:
Despite reinventing himself as an impressively versatile voice actor, Star Wars star Mark Hamill has never reprised his most famous role in a video game -- because he's never been asked.

Instead, on the ten-plus occasions that Luke Skywalker has appeared in video games, it's typically been veteran voice actor Bob Bergen (responsible, among many others, for Porky Pig's distinctive stammer) who's given him his voice.

Hamill's credited with a bevy of vocal performances in non-Star Wars games, most notably as The Joker in last year's best-seller Batman Arkham Asylum, but revealed why he's never played Luke in a recent interview with PC Zone magazine.

"When I played Luke from 1977 to 1983, games were in their infancy," Hamill told PC Zone. "I talked about turning a page and starting a new chapter. Those movies had a beginning, middle and end, and everyone sort of moved on... I don't really know how to answer that, because I've never been asked to do it. That's fine, though."

"If you're playing Luke the way he was in the films - from his late teens to mid-'20s - I've outgrown the role. In the story, Luke is so boy-next-door farm boy, it's like Dorothy in Oz. All the other characters that surround him are fantastic."

Veteran gamers might also remember Hamill as the voice (and face) of Wing Commander star Christopher Blair, and if you pick up next week's apocalyptic-themed Darksiders, you'll hear him playing a demon locked in one of the hero's gloves. How's that for giving in to the dark side?

source: http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/why-has-mark-hamill-never-voiced-luke-skywalker-/1384245

See all the Star Wars Video Games for sale and the Star Wars Gallery

Anybody ever remember seeing Mark Hamill on Stephen Spielburg's Amazing Stories once? He played a kid who collected everything that grew into an impoverished old man that became rich selling all his old collectibles.

Star Wars Store  books  clothing DVDs music toys video games  Star Wars posters
Posted:  09 Jan 2010 05:24
I never really noticed that until now.
Posted:  09 Jan 2010 12:39
I never saw Amazing stories, before my time I think, but Mark Hamill did have a part in the Guyver live action movie if anyone else remembers.

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League
Spider-man Star Trek Star Wars
Superman Teen Titans Thor TMNT Transformers