Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community All-Star Superman on DVD 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / DC Comics / Superman / All-Star Superman on DVD
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

All-Star Superman on DVD

Knoxville, Tn Home Inspector
Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  30 Nov 2010 15:53
A great comic book Superman series is coming to DVD.

All-Star Superman will be available on DVD and Blu-ray on February 22.

Grant Morrison’s beloved, Eisner Award-winning vision of Superman’s heroic final days on Earth is brought to exquisite animated life in All-Star Superman, the latest entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies coming February 22, 2011 from Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation. The highly-anticipated, full-length film will be distributed by Warner Home Video as a Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD for $24.98 (SRP), as well as single disc DVD for $19.98 (SRP). The film will also be available On Demand and for Download.

In All-Star Superman, the Man of Steel rescues an ill-fated mission to the Sun (sabotaged by Lex Luthor) and, in the process, is oversaturated by radiation – which accelerates his cell degeneration. Sensing even he will be unable to cheat death, Superman ventures into new realms – finally revealing his secret to Lois, confronting Lex Luthor’s perspective of humanity, and attempting to ensure Earth’s safety before his own impending end with one final, selfless act.

The celebrity-packed voice cast is headed by James Denton (Desperate Housewives) as Superman, Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) as Lois Lane, and Anthony LaPaglia (Without A Trace) as Lex Luthor. The stellar cast includes seven-time Emmy® Award winner Ed Asner (Up) as Perry White, Golden Globe® winner Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under) as Ma Kent, Matthew Gray Gubler (Criminal Minds) as Jimmy Olsen and Linda Cardellini (ER) as Nasty.

Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy), Catherine Cavadini (The Powerpuff Girls), Finola Hughes (General Hospital), Alexis Denisof (Angel), Obba Babatunde (That Thing You Do!), Michael Gough (Batman) and John DiMaggio (Futurama) round out the voice cast.

Based on the Eisner Award-winning DC Comics series/graphic novel of the same name by Grant Morrison with illustration by Frank Quitely, All-Star Superman is executive produced by animation guru Bruce Timm and directed by Sam Liu (Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths) from a script by acclaimed comics writer Dwayne McDuffie (Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths).

All-Star Superman 2-Disc Special Edition DVD features approximately 1 1/2 hours of exciting extra content, including:
•    Feature film (est. 75 min)
•    Sneak Peak at Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
•    Featurette: “Superman Now” – In a moment of inspiration, Grant Morrison was provided an opportunity to revamp the Man of Steel into something modern, something more relevant for today’s audience. This is the story of All-Star Superman – where it all started, and what it came to be
•    Two bonus episodes from animated television series handpicked by Bruce Timm

All-Star Superman Blu-Ray™  Combo Pack will include approximately 2 1/2 hours of intriguing bonus features, starting with all of the content available on the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD and adding:
•    Featurette: “Incubating the Idea” – A conversation with Grant Morrison
•    Audio Commentary: Bruce Timm and Grant Morrison
•    All-Star Superman Digital Comic Book
•    Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
•    Digital copy on disc of the feature film

"The All-Star Superman comic was the work of two immensely talented creators at the absolute top of their game," said Geoff Johns, Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment. "Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's All-Star Superman is one of those modern classics, and I can't wait to see it brought to life as an animated film."

“Grant Morrison’s fascinating comic vision comprised all the aspects of a truly great film – action, drama, fantasy, romance, sacrifice and hope – and the animation team of Bruce Timm, Sam Liu and Dwayne McDuffie have passionately translated that vision into an enthralling movie experience no Superman fan can resist,” said Hersin Magante, WHV Marketing Director of Family and Animation. “As the next entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies, All-Star Superman stands as a shining example of the creative heights possible from the partnership of Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video.”

All-Star Superman Search at Amazon

All Star Superman Trailer

All Star Superman Books
Posted:  02 Dec 2010 08:16

Posted:  03 Dec 2010 00:50
I'm looking forward to it.  It was a great comic, and should be a fun movie.

It's interesting that the comic was written by Grant Morrison, though.  I was used to his writing on Doom Patrol, but All-Star Superman was so different.  It's a testament to his writing ability that he can adapt to things so well.

If DC does another movie from a Morrison story, I would love to watch it, too.  Imagine a Doom Patrol "Crawling from the Wreckage" movie, or one based on "Batman RIP".  Sure, neither would be kid-friendly, but that's another matter.  It would be especially fun to see what they could do with The Invisbles.

But DC's next animated feature I wouldhope can break from the confines of Superman and Batman.  They already made Wonder Woman and Green Lantern animated movies, and it would be nice to see others that take advantage of such things.  I can imagine a kid-friendly Plastic Man animated movie, or for a more serious one, an adaptation of Identity Crisis.
Posted:  14 Jan 2011 19:46
Some new images have been released recently for All-Star Superman.

http://superherouniverse.com/images/superman/all-star-superman.jpg
Superman and Lois Lane

http://superherouniverse.com/images/superman/allstar-heatvision.jpg

http://superherouniverse.com/images/superman/allstar-scene.jpg

http://superherouniverse.com/images/superman/allstarsuperman.jpg

Lex and Superman confrontation clip
Posted:  22 Feb 2011 17:28   Last Edited By: Tim
Another clip has been released. This one shows Superman and Lois flying through the air. Lois has been given Superman like powers in this clip.

Posted:  23 Feb 2011 22:53
The Superman Homepage interviews Dwayne McDuffie at the LA Premiere of "All-Star Superman"

Rennie Cowan interviews the writer for "All-Star Superman" Animated Movie at the Beverly Hills premiere at The Paley Center for Media. Dwayne talks about how the film adaptation is very faithful to the comic book.

This interview was done only a week ago with the deceased Dwayne McDuffie
Posted:  12 Apr 2011 22:26
I got to watch All-Star Superman yesterday. I think it's one of the best DC animated movies yet. It actually would make for a pretty good live action Superman movie. Loved seeing Lex Luthor with super powers fight Superman especially the part where after Lex asks the Daily Planet workers who would like to take on the most powerful man in the world, and Clark Kent raises his hand. A little sad at times, but the movie is worth watching probably multiple times.
Posted:  13 Apr 2011 00:47
I wan't a fan of how condensed it was--they just had too many issues of story to get through.  If they'd made it a two-parter, like they did with the trade papeback, it's posible some of the other elements could have made it in (like Superman's turn in Bizarro world, or the visit with the Supermen of the future).  Still, it was a fun movie and further proof that DC knows how to deal with their properties better in animation than in live action, even when said animation could have been live action.

But they really could go a lot of places with their next animated movie.  I think a great idea would be, since Dwayne McDuffie is no longer with us, to honor his memory by adapting some Milestone properties.  Imagine an Icon or Hardware animated movie, maybe in the watercolor style in which Milestone was done.  Of course, I would also want them to do a movie based on Maddie Blaustein's Deathwish miniseries for Milestone.  There are a lot of possibilities.
Posted:  13 Apr 2011 14:37
I'm a big fan of how they did Static Shock on the animated series. I'd like to see him again.

The length of All-Star Superman could have easily gone for another 50 minutes. In which case they might have been able to fit almost all the elements of the original comic book story, but I wonder if the budget just didn't allow for more time.
Posted:  14 Apr 2011 09:20
I would love if they did a DC animated movie With Static and Gear, when they're a little older--maybe describing their initiation in the the JLA and their troubling first mission or 2 as the premise of the movie to honor Duffy.

I'd buy that in a heart beat.

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League
Spider-man Star Trek Star Wars