*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Spidey Joins Fantastic Four 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / Marvel Comics / Fantastic Four / Spidey Joins Fantastic Four
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
Spidey Joins Fantastic Four

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  09 Feb 2011 23:10   Last Edited By: Tim
Spidey Joins Fantastic Four or sort of.

This March, the creative team of Jonathan Hickman and Steve Epting present the over-sized FF #1. Now that the Human Torch has passed, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman & the Thing join with Spider-Man and some top secret members to form a new team,  The Future Foundation. Say what jack!

“FF will alter the very fabric of the Marvel Universe,” explained Tom Brevoort, Senior Vice President of Publishing. “Jonathan and Steve have crafted a unique, powerful new series that’s going to surprise a lot of fans with its combination of mind-blowing ideas and visuals.”

The perfect jumping on point for new readers, FF #1 begins a battle for the future of the Marvel Universe unlike anything you’ve ever seen before and no fan can afford to miss it!

FF #1 (JAN110748)
Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
Pencils and Cover by STEVE EPTING
Variant Cover by DANIEL ACUNA
Variant Cover by STAN GOLDBERG
Character Variant Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Fantastic Four 50th Anniversary Variant by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Rated A…$3.99
FOC – 2/28/11, On Sale 3/23/11

http://superherouniverse.com/images/fantasticfour/fantasticfour.jpg

The real story is Spider-man's costume change. Is he going to be wearing this white suit all the time even in his book, or just in this one?

Make way for Disco Spider-man!
http://superherouniverse.com/images/fantasticfour/ff-spidey.jpg

It's the future, the way it was thought of in the 70's. Everybody's in white.
http://superherouniverse.com/images/fantasticfour/futurefoundation.jpg

I'm thinking this would have made a great, What If, story.

Fantastic Four Store Fantastic Four books Fantastic Four clothing Fantastic Four DVDs Fantastic Four posters Fantastic Four toys Fantastic Four video games
Posted:  10 Feb 2011 02:11
Their Laundry bills are going to go through the roof.
Posted:  10 Feb 2011 02:45
Ugh.  I really don't know what is driving Marvel's line of thinking these days.  That looks awful (and reminds me too much of the Ultimate universe, especially the Thing wearing a shirt).

Have they forgotten, as well, the first issue of The Amazing Spider-Man?  Spider-Man tried to join the Fantastic Four but didn't because they didn't get a salary.  Considering his persistent money problems, I don't see how he could afford to split his time on solo adventures, working with the Avengers and being part of the Fantastic Four, while also scrounging up enough money for rent, caring for Aunt May and replenishing his web shooters.

Not to mention, his costume is awful.  The Fantastic Four make sense with a futuristic look--they are sci-fi at their core, and deal with the most cosmic threats for an earth-based team.  However, it doesn't fit Spider-Man's aesthetic.  His only costume change that really worked was the black costume because it made him look more like a spider and made him more imposing.  This one just looks silly.  And reminds me of Tron.

There's also the fact that the Fantastic Four are very pblic superheroes, while Spider-Man is still very private.  He still does not want his identity known, while the Fatastic Four hae very public identities.  As well, Spider-Man has some of the worst publicity around (in-universe)--would the Fantastic Four be willing to tarnish their reputaions by making him a permanent member of their team?

Also, why are Franklin and Valeria in costume?  Certainly they would not be members of the team--Sue would never stand for it, especially after losing her brother because he was on the team.  Se would be trying to protect the rest of her family from sharing his fate.
Posted:  10 Feb 2011 04:35
Double Ugh! I'll pass on this one....
Posted:  10 Feb 2011 15:14
i lust hate it
Posted:  10 Feb 2011 16:45
Quote:
Spider-Man tried to join the Fantastic Four but didn't because they didn't get a salary.
They may change that a this is a new team, but I wonder if he's quitting the Avengers? Of course maybe he already did, it's hard to keep track.

I do find it hard to buy Spider-man changing costumes to join this group. Spidey is best as a loner. It's his thing.

I have to admit though I'm still curious enough to want to read this book. I have enjoyed Spider-man interactions with the Fantastic Four in the past. Kind of weird though since I always thought Johnny Storm was his link to the group. I never thought of him being all that buddy buddy with the rest of the team.
Posted:  10 Feb 2011 20:07
I'm a little confused just how old are Franklin and Valeria. I remember reading an FF from the 80's and Franklin was about 8 then?
Posted:  10 Feb 2011 20:20
yeah Wayne I think they're about 13 now? maybe? I'm not sure anymore either.
Posted:  10 Feb 2011 22:04
You know trying to figure continuity out these days with things like Spider-man's New Day redoing everything can be really confusing. I just wonder how many things are altered in Spider-man's past and how many of those things effected other superheroes.
Posted:  14 Feb 2011 01:11
If Spider-Man did quit the Avengers, then good. I never did see him as an Avenger, nor did I ever Wolverine or Luke Cage should be Avengers either. I agree with Tim that Spidey does work best as a loner, and I remember in Avengers #237 after Spider-Man had joined the team, Cap politely fired him, telling him that he was better suited to fight crime than the kinds of menaces that the Avengers face.

I don't know about that costume though. It may be too much of a radical change from his classic red and blue.
Posted:  14 Feb 2011 05:56
Yeah, Spider-Man is a street-level hero--he's like a beat cop and low-level detective, while the Avengers are more like the military.  They're out of his league in technology and organization, but he is beter suited to tackling the smaller problems, like his rogues gallery, much of which is just not a big enough threat for a force like the Avengers.

The Fantastic Four, keeping with the terminology, is like NASA.  They are looking out, beyond Earth, and their threats are accordingly as grand.  While Peter Parker has high aptitude in sciences, he is not quite practiced in them.  Reed might be able to use him s a consultant, possibly if he needed to solve an odd problem with chemical composition, but this s a stretch.  Reed is impossibly smart, and Peter's talents seem to be in chemistry, rudimentary mechanics (both evidenced in his web-shooters and the latter for his Spider-Tracers) and photography (though that is because of his mechanic knowledge and that he always photographs himself).

And the fact is that Marvel's New York needs the man on the street, focusing all his time on that.  There are so many supervillains in the city that are just too small to bother the Fantastic Four and Avengers but still must be stopped.  And since Daredevil has been disgraced, said job needs all the more focus.
Posted:  01 Nov 2011 13:50   Last Edited By: Evanyoung
Hey Nice pics of Spidey with Fantastic 4
I do agree with you but spidey is one man army self dependent and always fights the crime on his own with multiple enemies and on the other hand fantastic 4 is highly advanced team of 4 members which help and support each other and fight with mostly single enemy in a group. Actually i am a spidey fan so can't see this injustice lol

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Home repair videos

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil