Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Governator comic book and animated series coming to you! 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / Saturday Morning Heroes / Governator comic book and animated series coming to you!
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Governator comic book and animated series coming to you!

Knoxville, Tn Home Inspector
Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  31 Mar 2011 17:33
Entertaiment Weekly reports that Arnold Schwarzenegger and Stan Lee are working on The Governator a animated series and comic book coming out next year.

http://superherouniverse.com/images/governator-stan-lee.jpg

“The Governator is going to be a great superhero, but he’ll also be Arnold Schwarzenegger,” Lee says of the semi-fictional character. “We’re using all the personal elements of Arnold’s life. We’re using his wife [Maria Shriver]. We’re using his kids. We’re using the fact that he used to be governor. Only after he leaves the governor’s office, Arnold decides to become a crime fighter and builds a secret high-tech crime-fighting center under his house in Brentwood.”
Along with the Arnold Cave, the Governator will have a fleet of super vehicles at his disposal, a closet full of “Super Suits” that allow him to fly and perform other super stunts, and a team of colorful sidekicks, such as Zeke Muckerberg, the precocious 13-year-old computer whiz who acts as the Governator’s cybersecurity expert. Naturally, there will also be recurring supervillains — including an evil organization called Gangsters Imposters Racketeers Liars & Irredeemable Ex-cons (or G.I.R.L.I.E. Men, for short). For Schwarzenegger, the cartoon is obviously the next best thing to being President. “I love the idea of a control center below my house with a path so that boats and submarines can go right into the ocean,” he tells EW. “In the cartoon, my house is much closer to the beach than where we live, but, you know, it’s a cartoon.”

source: http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/30/arnold-schwarzenegger-the-governator-exclusive/

Now ain't that something you all?
Posted:  01 Apr 2011 00:52
Uh, wow.  This does not sound good.  It's a bit cliched and kind of offensive (to put it out there, I am a trasgender woman and take offense to the term "Girlie Men" because such terms ar often used to degrade people like myself and my gay friends--I know he used the term before, but that does not excuse it).

I an drop the GIRLIE Men bit, though, in the argument, if one would like.  Reading the description reminds me that there was once "Chuck Norris's Karate Commandos" and "Mr. T and the T-Force", which made public figures into superheroes (and look how those series are seen today).  As well, the nerdy hacker sidekick to the man of action is overdone (I never liked it, but I'm sure everyone else is sick of them, too; probably at around when they put one in Live Free or Die Hard).

I like to see Stan Lee productions, but I worry about this one.  The man used to know how to create engaging superhero stories, to push the bounds of the format and give something fresh.  But what was fresh in the 60s is formulaic today.  However, if this weren't making a public figure into a superhero, and instead introducing  completely fictionl character, I probably wouldn't be so harsh.
Posted:  02 Apr 2011 00:29
I don't know I might check out the cartoon. The Arnold Cave just sounds too funny.
Posted:  02 Apr 2011 20:36
Oh, I'll definitely check it out for curiosity's sake at the very least. Could be pretty funny. It's a little disappointing that this is Arnold's first project out of the starting gate. I was hoping for something to do with the Terminator, but who knows this show might be hilarious, or it might be too silly to enjoy. Just have to wait and see I guess.
Posted:  20 May 2011 18:11
As the fallout mounts from the revelation that former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a child more than a decade ago with a member of his household staff, plans to revive the Terminator star’s acting career have been put on hold — a move that now extends to The Governator, the comics and animation project co-developed by Stan Lee. “In light of recent events,” representatives announced last night, “A Squared Entertainment, POW, Stan Lee Comics, and Archie Comics, have chosen to not go forward with The Governator project.” However, Entertainment Weekly notes the statement was revised two hours later, putting the project “on hold.”

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/05/comics-a-m-the-governator-placed-on-hold-bn-gets-1b-offer/

You know why is it that we have to know what celebrities do in their private lives anyway? I wish I didn't know most of the time. Really, can't we just watch them on TV and leave it at that?

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League
Spider-man Star Trek Star Wars
Superman Teen Titans Thor TMNT Transformers