Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community New Justice League Pic! 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / DC Comics / Justice League / New Justice League Pic!
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

New Justice League Pic!

Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  01 Jun 2011 18:06   Last Edited By: Tim
Along with the news of the DC Comics Reboot here's what the new Justice League is going to look like.

http://superherouniverse.com/images/comics/New%20Justice%20League.jpg

From USA Today

Quote:

DC will re-number its entire line of superhero titles, beginning with all-new No. 1 issues starting Aug. 31 — 52 in all, including a new Justice League No. 1. Fittingly, the publisher put its creative superteam on its trademark superhero superteam.

Guided by writer Geoff Johns and artist Jim Lee, Justice League will begin its first year with an updated secret origin reflecting DC's new initiative, giving the group a reason for coming together that it lacked when the league first appeared in 1960. And while it will ultimately boast 14 members, at its core will be DC's A-list do-gooders: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman.

"The approach is very much about who they are behind the masks and how they interact together and how these personalities mix," explains Johns, DC Entertainment's chief creative officer. "With the world's greatest superheroes, how does that team actually work? Do they all get along? Being able to pull together and see how that relationship is forged and continues to grow has to be at the heart of that book."

In the rollout of the revamped DC Universe, some titles will return, a lot of titles won't, and DC will have a wider range of books starting in September, DiDio says. In addition, three-quarters of the creative teams will be shuffled around — series that are successful and writer/artist combinations that work well together won't be tweaked too much, he says.

Justice League Store Books Clothing DVDs Posters Toys Video Games
Posted:  01 Jun 2011 18:11
The following letter was sent to retailers by Bob Wayne, SVP of Sales for DC Entertainment.

To our comics retail partners,
In the time I've worked at DC Comics, I've witnessed any number of industry defining moments. But today, I bring you what is perhaps the biggest news to date.

Many of you have heard rumors that DC Comics has been working on a big publishing initiative for later this year. This is indeed an historic time for us as, come this September, we are relaunching the entire DC Universe line of comic books with all new first issues. 52 of them to be exact.

In addition, the new #1s will introduce readers to a more modern, diverse DC Universe, with some character variations in appearance, origin and age. All stories will be grounded in each character's legend - but will relate to real world situations, interactions, tragedy and triumph.

This epic event will kick off on Wednesday, August 31st with the debut of a brand new JUSTICE LEAGUE #1, which pairs Geoff Johns and Jim Lee, together for the first time. (Yes, this is the same week as FLASHPOINT #5.)

We think our current fans will be excited by this evolution, and that it will make jumping into the story extremely accessible to first-time readers - giving them a chance to discover DC's characters and stories.

We are positioning ourselves to tell the most innovative stories with our characters to allow fans to see them from a new angle. We have taken great care in maintaining continuity where most important, but fans will see a new approach to our storytelling.

Some of the characters will have new origins, while others will undergo minor changes. Our characters are always being updated; however, this is the first time all of our characters will be presented in a new way all at once.

Dan DiDio, Bob Harras and Eddie Berganza have been working diligently to pull together some of the best creative teams in the industry. Over 50 new costumes will debut in September, many updated and designed by artist Jim Lee, ensuring that the updated images appeal to the current generation of readers.

The publication of JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 will also launch digital day-and-date for all ongoing superhero comic book titles - an industry first.

On Wednesday, June 1st, this initiative is expected to be announced in a nationwide feature article, and we're hopeful the news will be picked up by media outlets around the world. Throughout the month we'll reveal more details of our plans with articles in both the mainstream and comics press and on June 13th the Diamond catalog solicitations for all of the September titles will be released, followed by the June 29th street date of the print version of Previews.

DC Comics will support this initiative with an innovative mix of publicity, promotional efforts and retailer incentives designed to maximize your opportunity to increase your DC sales. We will discuss additional details of these incentives when we get closer to solicitation later in June.

We'll be updating you more through email as September nears. But today, I hope your share our enthusiasm for this historic news!

Sincerely,

Bob Wayne
SVP, Sales
DC Entertainment
Posted:  01 Jun 2011 21:14
oh yeah !! penciled by my favorite artist of all time,the great Jim Lee!!!
Posted:  02 Jun 2011 14:48
I did like his Batman and Superman issues. I got all the Superman issues, and almost all his Batman issues.

I like the new costume on Cyborg, but I'm not sure about the changes on Superman's costume.
Posted:  02 Jun 2011 23:29
Tim,Superman's costume was spot on when it was created,i dont think another costume will ever look right on him lol!
Posted:  02 Jun 2011 23:39   Last Edited By: Rick Jones
Has anybody seen Firestorm's new design? He looks more like Ghost Rider wearing a variation of Firestorm's costume. So already I'm getting a bad vibe with the new looks for the characters.
Posted:  03 Jun 2011 00:03   Last Edited By: Tim
http://superherouniverse.com/images/comics/new-firestorm.jpg
his face reminds me of the Anti monitor
Posted:  03 Jun 2011 00:04
been comparing him to ghostrider,i kinda agree
Posted:  03 Jun 2011 00:29
It seems a pretty radical rework, well at least from the original Firestorm. Certainly more nuclear fusion going on. I wonder if they'll have still the two men as one.
Posted:  03 Jun 2011 01:00
Ever since the Wonder Woman redsign last year, I've started to hate Jim Lee.  Nobody else can be blamed for these horrific redesigns because he's the one who drew them and has final say as to whether they get implemented.  And the more I look at that Justice League picture, the more I hate it.

But I willsay that he chose an... interesting place to put that gun Hal is creating.
Posted:  03 Jun 2011 03:10
i dont think he has total control like you think,but im really not sure.wut i do know is that he had signed a very long exclusive contract deal,so i dont think he has much of a choice but to draw wuts asigned to him.either way DC was going to reboot everything im happy he is part of it,but i really wish he jumped back to Marvel to do Wolverine and Gambit!!

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League
Spider-man Star Trek Star Wars
Superman Teen Titans Thor TMNT Transformers