*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Fringe Writer Hired for Daredevil Movie 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / Marvel Comics / Daredevil / Fringe Writer Hired for Daredevil Movie
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
Fringe Writer Hired for Daredevil Movie

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  08 Jun 2011 15:40   Last Edited By: Tim
Fringe TV writer Brad Caleb Kane has been chosen to write the new upcoming Daredevil movie.

http://superherouniverse.com/images/marvel/Daredevil_Born_Again.jpg
Order Daredevil comics

From comicbookresources

Quote:
Fringe writer-producer Brad Caleb Kane has been hired to adapt Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli’s acclaimed “Born Again” storyline for Fox’s new Daredevil movie, Heat Vision reports.

Kane, who’s said to be a Daredevil fan, confirmed the news on Twitter, writing, “I guess it’s official! ‘Change your life.’ -Murdock.” He later added, “We’ll do our best to do right by him (and the fans!).”

Rumors first emerged in mid-March, only hours after David Slade was announced as director, that the studio would turn to the revered 1986 arc for inspiration. Slade fueled that speculation when he described the outline as “a very strong character-driven take on Mr. Matt Murdock. It will [bear] no relation to the previous Daredevil movie in any way.”

That of course fits “Born Again,” a seven-issue story that’s cast a long shadow over virtually every Daredevil comic that came after it. In it, Daredevil’s drug-addicted girlfriend Karen Page sells Matt Murdock’s secret identity in exchange for a shot of heroin. The information finds its way to the Kingpin, who begins a six-month crusade to destroy his nemesis, dismantling Murdock’s life — he loses his money, his home and his law license — and pushing the Man Without Fear over the edge.

Slade, who’s also developing the new Daredevil, confirmed the basis for the movie in a tweet: “Yes, Brad and I are meeting daily to work on the script, and yes ‘Born Again’ is our main source material with all its grittiness.”

Those of you who haven't seen Fringe should check it out. It's one of my favorite shows. Heck, Buy Fringe on DVD and get caught up before the new season starts on Fox. You'll be glad you did.

Description from wikipedia
Fringe is an American science fiction television series created by J. J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. The series follows a Federal Bureau of Investigation "Fringe Division" team based in Boston, Massachusetts under the supervision of Homeland Security. The team uses unorthodox "fringe" science and FBI investigative techniques to investigate a series of unexplained, often ghastly occurrences, which are related to mysteries surrounding a parallel universe. The show has been described as a hybrid of The X-files, Altered States, The Twilight Zone and Dark Angel.

Check out our Daredevil store
Posted:  09 Jun 2011 12:08
I think I am the only person on the planet aside from the director that enjoyed that Daredevil movie.

~Edwin Markham
Posted:  09 Jun 2011 14:40
Nope, I did too. I've got it on DVD, and I've watched it at least ten times. I enjoyed the pace and the music. I thought it was a great movie. I've seen it probably more than the first Spider-man, and I love that movie too.

The only movies I've seen more are the Superman movies and Star Wars. Of course I've seen the Last Starfighter a bunch of times too back when I was a kid.
Posted:  09 Jun 2011 20:34
OK. But do you have the director's cut?

~Edwin Markham
Posted:  09 Jun 2011 21:37   Last Edited By: Tim
No, I've never seen the director's cut. I guess I should see if I can get it on sale some time. Hate to pay full price for a movie I've seen a million times and already own unless there's a whole lot of different scenes missing from the standard version.
Posted:  10 Jun 2011 12:04
The only substantial differences between the theatrical and director's cuts are less of a focus on the romantics and humor and more of what a bleak and dark place Matt inhabits(take that as you will). A number of small and subtle things result in a very darker movie.

~Edwin Markham
Posted:  10 Jun 2011 15:02
I always thought they may have added some more violence to the director's cut. Didn't it make it a R rating?
Posted:  10 Jun 2011 20:40
Not so much added as left in. I had to check but yes, it's an R, and that's probably due to the fight scenes(and a few choice moments with Bullseye).

~Edwin Markham

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Home repair videos

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman