Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Warners Going Ahead with Green Lantern Sequel 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / DC Comics / Green Lantern / Warners Going Ahead with Green Lantern Sequel
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Warners Going Ahead with Green Lantern Sequel

Knoxville, Tn Home Inspector
Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  27 Jun 2011 15:58   Last Edited By: Tim
According to the hollywoodreporter, Warner Bros is going ahead with a sequel to Green Lantern. I'm almost surprised by this since all the beating GL took critically. Warner Bros says their disappointed in the the box office but they still believe in the franchise.

http://superherouniverse.com/images/greenlantern/posters/green-lantern-movie.jpg

Green Lantern cost $200 million to produce before a sizeable marketing spend .

I have my theories on why they might be going forward with the sequel despite critical reviews and low box office. By the time you figure in world wide box office, toys, TV rights, and DVD sales it's not that big a loss. Reports have them spending a 100 million dollar in promotion. That's a big investment to walk away from. Now they've got their foot in the door so to speak, everybody has at least heard of Green Lantern now. To make more money the next sequel though they'll probably have to convince a lot of critics they have a better product before hand. It's all political in a way.

My opinion after seeing the movie was positive. I think it was great. I think the tide just rolled the wrong way on GL. It wasn't a perfect movie, there were a couple of spots that didn't flow exactly right, but it was not a bad movie at all, and I'm looking forward to seeing Green Lantern take on Sinestro.

So bring on another Green Lantern movie. Screw the critics!

Green Lantern Reviews

Green Lantern Store Books Clothing DVDs Posters Toys Video Games
Oh, and one other plus to Warner Bros announcing a sequel now, this way more people are liable to go see this movie now that it's not dead. It's like nobody watches a TV series they figure will be canceled.
Posted:  28 Jun 2011 14:30   Last Edited By: Tim
Comicbookmovie.com just posted this

Quote:
While a top studio source told THR on Sunday that Warners was proceeding with plans for a follow-up film, a studio spokesman said Monday that no decision has been reached.

So maybe a GL sequel is not a sure bet.

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League
Spider-man Star Trek Star Wars