Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Thor DVD and Blu-Ray 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / Marvel Comics / Thor / Thor DVD and Blu-Ray
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Thor DVD and Blu-Ray

Knoxville, Tn Home Inspector
Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  01 Sep 2011 17:05   Last Edited By: Tim
This title will be released on September 13, 2011.

Order Thor (Three-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)

Special Features
- Commentary by director Kenneth Branagh
- Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant (HD)
- Featurettes (HD)   
- "Road to the Avengers" (HD)   
- 11 Deleted Scenes with optional commentary (HD)
- Trailers (HD)

Order Thor (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)

Order Thor the DVD

Amazon.com
Of all the folks in long underwear to be tapped for superhero films, Thor would seem to be the most problematic to properly pull off. (Hypothetical Hollywood conversation: "A guy in a tricked-out, easily merchandisable metal suit? Great! An Asgardian God of Thunder who says stuff like thee and thou? Um, is Moon Knight available?") Thankfully, the resulting film does its source material rather proud, via a committed cast and an approach that doesn't shy away from the over-the-top superheroics. When you're dealing with a flying guy wielding a huge hammer, gritty realism can be overrated, really. Blending elements from the celebrated comic arcs by Walter Simonson and J. Michael Straczynski, the story follows the headstrong Thunder God (Chris Hemsworth) as he is banished to Earth and stripped of his powers by his father Odin (Anthony Hopkins) after inadvertently starting a war with a planet of ticked-off Frost Giants. As his traitorous brother Loki (the terrific Tom Hiddleston) schemes in the wings, Thor must redeem himself and save the universe, with the aid of a beautiful scientist (Natalie Portman). Although director Kenneth Branagh certainly doesn't skimp on the in-jokes and fan-pleasing continuity references (be prepared to stick around after the credits, Marvel fans), his film distinguishes itself by adopting a larger-than-life cosmic Shakespearean air that sets itself apart from both the cerebral, grounded style made fashionable by The Dark Knight and the loose-limbed Rat Packish vibe of the Iron Man series. Glorying in the absolute unreality of its premise, Branagh's film is a swooping, Jack Kirby-inspired saga that brings the big-budget grins on a consistent basis, as well as tying in with the superhero battle royale The Avengers. --Andrew Wright

Thor Reviews Thor Images Thor Trailer

Thor Store Thor Books Thor Clothing Thor DVDs Thor Posters Thor Toys Thor Video Games
Posted:  02 Sep 2011 02:57
I'm assuming they skipped out on the commentary track for the DVD release? Typical.
Posted:  08 Sep 2011 20:21
Thor Blu-ray and DVD Movie Trailer

Watch this trailer to get a sneak peek at some of the special features and behind-the-scenes action you'll get with the film!

Posted:  08 Sep 2011 20:24
Found this on youtube listed as

The Avengers - THOR Exclusive Blu-Ray Featurette

Posted:  09 Sep 2011 05:31
Quote:
Watch this trailer to get a sneak peek at some of the special features and behind-the-scenes action you'll get with the film!
IF ALL THOSE SPECIAL FEATURE AREN'T ON THE DVD EDITION OF THOR .... I AM GONNA SHOUT THE FILTHEST MOST SATANIC CURSE WORD YOU CAN IMAGINE RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE AT WAL- MART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted:  09 Sep 2011 14:26
Just remember to look at the back of the box before you buy it where it tells whether or not it has features.
Posted:  10 Sep 2011 14:16
Quote:
Just remember to look at the back of the box before you buy it where it tells whether or not it has features.
I did this last night when I bought X-Men First Class and when I say the ONE measley bonus feature for a DVD that cost me 17 bucks. I threw a childish 3 year old like fit in front of my girlfriend! I was SO mad!!!!!!
Posted:  22 Sep 2011 18:15
Thor pushed the previous week’s best seller, fellow summer tentpole X-men: First Class, from 20th Century Fox, to No. 2. Fox also snagged the No. 3 spot on the chart with Star Wars: The Complete Saga, featuring all six films in their Blu-ray debut. The package lists for $139.99, which makes its No. 3 debut all the more spectacular.

Thor also topped Nielsen’s dedicated Blu-ray Disc chart, with Star Wars coming in at No. 2 and X-Men: First Class slipping to No. 3. Blu-ray seems to be enjoying a bit of a surge, with Thor generating 61 percent of its sales from the format and X-Men: First Class, 54 percent.

Home Media Magazine’s rental chart for the week, Thor easily nailed the top spot as well, while the No. 2 position went to the Warner comedy Something Borrowed, which just came off its 28-day holdback from Netflix and Redbox. Universal’s Paul, the previous week’s top rental, slipped to No. 4, right behind Lionsgate’s Everything Must Go, which remained at No. 3 for the second consecutive week.

source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/thor-storms-no-1-dvd-238708

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League
Spider-man Star Trek Star Wars