Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community X-men First Class DVD and Blu-Ray 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / Marvel Comics / X-men / X-men First Class DVD and Blu-Ray
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

X-men First Class DVD and Blu-Ray

Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Store Fronts Around the World
Posted:  08 Sep 2011 15:31   Last Edited By: Tim

X-men First Class Blu-ray

Buy it from Amazon  X-Men: First Class (+Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]

Special Features
Disc 1: Theatrical Feature Blu-ray
X Marks The Spot
Composer's Isolated Score
Cerebro: Mutant Tracker
Children of the Atom – 8 Part Featurette Series
Deleted Scenes

Disc 2: Digital Copy

From Amazon.com
When Bryan Singer brought Marvel's X-Men to the big screen, Magneto and Professor X were elder statesmen, but Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) travels back in time to present an origin story--and an alternate version of history. While Charles Xavier (Laurence Belcher) grows up privileged in New York, Erik Lehnsherr (Bill Milner) grows up underprivileged in Poland. As children, the mind-reading Charles finds a friend in the shape-shifting Raven (Jennifer Lawrence) and Erik finds an enemy in Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon), an energy-absorbing Nazi scientist who treats the metal-bending lad like a lab rat. By 1962, Charles (James McAvoy) has become a swaggering genetics professor and Erik (Michael Fassbender, McAvoy's Band of Brothers costar) has become a brooding agent of revenge. CIA agent Moira (Rose Byrne) brings the two together to work for Division X. With the help of MIB (Oliver Platt) and Hank (A Single Man's Nicholas Hoult), they seek out other mutants, while fending off Shaw and Emma Frost (Mad Men's January Jones), who try to recruit them for more nefarious ends, leading to a showdown in Cuba between the United States and the Soviet Union, the good and bad mutants, and Charles and Erik, whose goals have begun to diverge. Throughout, Vaughn crisscrosses the globe, piles on the visual effects, and juices the action with a rousing score, but it's the actors who make the biggest impression as McAvoy and Fassbender prove themselves worthy successors to Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. The movie comes alive whenever they take center stage, and dies a little when they don't. For the most part, though, Vaughn does right by playing up the James Bond parallels and acknowledging the debt to producer Bryan Singer through a couple of clever cameos. --Kathleen C. Fennessy
Product Description
X-Men: First Class is the thrilling, eye-opening chapter you’ve been waiting for...Witness the beginning of the X-Men Universe. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their superhuman powers for the first time, working together in a desperate attempt to stop the Hellfire Club and a global nuclear war.

X-men First Class DVD

Buy it from Amazon X-men First Class DVD

X-men First Class Clips First Class Trailers First Class Posters

X-Men: First Class - Exclusive Blu-ray Clip 1

X-men store - Books Clothing DVDs Toys Video Games
Posted:  09 Sep 2011 05:23
It hits the shelves in less than 40 mins, ma noochas!! Who's getting it the day it comes out??????????? NUGA NUGA POOP SCOOP!
Posted:  21 Sep 2011 19:55   Last Edited By: Tim
Matthew Vaughn's critically acclaimed film X-Men: First Class is making big numbers on Blu-Ray & DVD. According to The Numbers.com, film made $30 million during the first three days of release, from September 9th - September 11th. It made $10 million on DVD and another $19 million on Blu-Ray
Posted:  21 Sep 2011 22:39
I bought it and watched it the week after it came out and now this week its on sale! Wish I would have waited for the cheaper price!

But I enjoyed the movie even though their were some inconsistancies between this one and X-Men Origins: Wolverine as well as the first X-Men movie.

Most notably Emma Frost, Magneto helping Xavier build Cerebro, and also a bald and still walking Xavier at the end of Wolverine.
Posted:  22 Sep 2011 07:25
It came into my work (I work at a used book store--and the "book" is almost an artifact title by now) and I borrowed it.  Good movie, though just still not something that feels right.  But seeing Sebastian Shaw and (the real) Emma Frost on screen was great.  Magneto taking evenge on the Nazis is so fun to watch.

The way I see it, this movie just disregards the Wolverine movie.  After all, why let that piece of crap be canon, if it even seemed to only tangentially remember the original X-Men films?  Like they say, there are three vesions of the past for the characters, all with some conflicts with each other.

What I hate, though, is the fact that they only released a barebones DVD.  I love commentaries and deleted scenes, and don't have the money to go and buy a Blu-Ray player, HD TV and then the Blu-Ray of the movie just to see them.

Captain America - Comic Cover
Buy This Captain America poster

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League