Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community The Darkness- discuss it here 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

The Darkness- discuss it here

Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Store Fronts Around the World
Posted:  20 Sep 2011 02:28   Last Edited By: Tim
Come here with questions, comments, and suggestions to this SU cross-over event.

The Darkness
Posted:  20 Sep 2011 02:46
I think this is a good chance to showcase some of our lesser known characters or just any characters we would like to see get more exposure!

I'd like to know more about the storyline though so I can see how I can best contribute.
Posted:  20 Sep 2011 02:54   Last Edited By: Rick Jones
I'd like to get Brennon involved because as of yet he hasn't been very connected to the rest of the Superhero Universe but unless there is time travel involved, I'm afraid he won't be able to help out. The cosmic being Mysterion is unable to send him back to 2011 so he would need outside help for that.

I have other heroes available for action though, such as Raydan, Captain Mysterious, Starblast, The Huntress, Thunder Man, and The Fist.
Posted:  20 Sep 2011 04:51   Last Edited By: jerod26
MAvenger- I put this up prior to posting the comic so Tim could link back to it. He should have it up soon. I have ideas as to plot, but they aren't the gospel. It's open to many ideas.

Rick- My thoughts are that this isn't time-travel oriented, but everyone can handle their section/characters as they feel best. I'm interested in your other characters, do you have any visuals yet? If so, where are they located?
Posted:  20 Sep 2011 06:58
I did one pic of Raydan. Its in Trickstyx's last issue of Sugar Skulls.

I haven't made images for the others yet, but I did list descriptions for some of them in another thread. Here they are:

For the Huntress, I imagined a young Raquel Welch with white hair, wearing a dark blue and gray costume, with her arms and legs bare. She uses a bow with a quiver of arrows on her back. Around her waist are an array of knives hanging at her belt. She has no mask.

The Scorcher wears regular clothes, jeans and a white t-shirt. He has long black hair and a brooding look on his face. After he shoots fire from his hands, for several minutes you can still see the smoke emitting from them.

The Gray Phantom of course wears a gray costume and mask covering his whole body. There are some yellow markings on the arms and legs. Attached to his waist is a sword.

The Fist wears a red leather jacket over a white shirt and red pants. He wears no mask, and he has slicked-back blonde hair.

Captain Mysterious wears a black costume covering his whole body and it has red and gold markings on it. He wears a red cape. He wears a black mask without eye-holes (his magical powers allow him to see through the mask).
Posted:  20 Sep 2011 13:24
OK. I went back and looked at Raydan. I saw it at the time but didn't make the connection back. I'll work on these (can't go wrong with Welch).
Posted:  20 Sep 2011 16:27   Last Edited By: Rick Jones
Looking back at these, I realized that two of them are no longer relevant to the Superhero Universe. The Gray Phantom is dead and the Scorcher has retired from the supervillain business. But he will be reappearing soon as the Burning Fury, a superhero in red and white tights and a mask. I forget to list descriptions for my other heroes. (Neither of their costumes have been fully designed yet.)

Thunder Man is close to 7 feet tall. He wears a mask and has a green and yellow costume.

Starblast wears a mask that leaves his blonde hair exposed. His costume is mostly black, but has some yellow on it.
Posted:  20 Sep 2011 18:54
Just now got it up, have to work on putting a link up on the front of the site now.

Read the Darkness
Posted:  20 Sep 2011 21:02
excellent start!! cant wait for more!!
Posted:  20 Sep 2011 21:16   Last Edited By: new midnight avenger
just now got to read it.

I'll have to brainstorm on who I can write into a crossover story. I have an idead but we'll see how it pans out!

Since he's an extradimensional being or something similar I'm thinking my Area 51 based team CORE (Voltage, Luminary, & Vortex) could possibly play a role, not sure my vampyre hunter or my ghostly cowboy would be of much use, Seraph is another possibility with his angelic powers, and my other heroes get enough exposure.
Posted:  21 Sep 2011 00:01
Tim- I emailed you about one page missing (#15). It's not critical, and I can just post as a stand alone image if needed. Just wanted everyone to know to look for it later...
Posted:  21 Sep 2011 00:09   Last Edited By: jerod26
Here's some background stuff:

Blackhorn description

Triumvirate (primary and secondary members):

http://superherouniverse.com/art/data/799/Triumvirate1.jpg

With White Rhino versus Mr. Victory and Phantom Marvel:

http://superherouniverse.com/art/data/799/BHornPMMVWR.jpg?377
Posted:  21 Sep 2011 00:22
Cool, I added the page to the end.
Posted:  21 Sep 2011 08:49
I'm thinking...
Posted:  21 Sep 2011 14:37
Wayne- Sounds ominous......
Posted:  21 Sep 2011 15:52
Oh it is...oh it is.
Posted:  22 Sep 2011 07:12
That ending page made me think this was a "sign up your characters" deal.  But it seems like a good setup.  This was really giving vibes of Secret Wars (II) and Contest of Champions, and I could see it leading into such a crossover.
Posted:  22 Sep 2011 13:58
Yeah, I added that to essentially invite everyone to join the storyline however they can best contribute. The more the merrier....
Posted:  22 Sep 2011 16:08
Jerod, I have a story in mind I want to work on. Is the Triumvirate the only villains, or can some of our villains be in on it as well?
Posted:  22 Sep 2011 18:44
Rick- Little background. The Triumvirate goes back 25 years to my teen years. Triumvirate implies 3 members, and aside from Balckhorn and Mr. Master, the other "member" has been on a rotation. After I created Death Mask a year or so ago, I kinda put him in as the semi-permenant member since he's so evil. Talon and Counter-Spy are more hired guns or lackeys at this point. That said, Blackhorn would surely use any nefarious help he can get. Blackhorn/Triumvirate is certainly not intended to be the only villians in the story, so feel free to incorporate anyone you see fit. Keep in ind though that ultimately, Blackhorn's view is everyone else is but a pawn to him. He'll back-stab anyone in the end if he sees the need.     At some point we may have to share plots to make sure everything makes sense and headed to the same end.
Posted:  22 Sep 2011 20:53
Jerod,

Does anything besides Blackhorn live in the Darkforce Dimension? Seeing as how my team CORE investigates anything alien or supernatural in origin to better protect mankind I was thinking that they might journey into Blackhorn's world to try and find the source of the dimensions evil power.
Posted:  23 Sep 2011 00:00
MAvenger- Great concept! Certainly there would be humanoid creatures under his domination. I'd say there is one main planet as well as a few minor planets. This could give variation on types of inhabitants. I'd suggest that perhaps they explore the Darkforce Dimension, then upon return to Earth, Blackhorn realizes they have ventured to his old world; something he can't seem to do. He would be hot on their trail to learn the secret of their means of travel. Could get ugly.
Posted:  23 Sep 2011 00:08
I've spelled BHorn as both "Black Horn" and "Blackhorn" at different times. For continuity, I think I'll say it's Blackhorn from here on out.

Had a concept that others may want to explore. The old throne world in the Darkforce Dimension would now be in flux with Blackhorn gone for 10 years. While there could still be fear that he ultimately returns, other figure(s) could have stepped up in the interim and taken over. I'm going to give this some thought for a new character, but others can do the same and perhaps as an off-shoot they could all vie for the position of new Overlord.   

Perhaps this could be what CORE has to deal with in their investigation???????
Posted:  23 Sep 2011 03:18
sounds like a great concept Jerod. I'm still brainstorming!
Posted:  23 Sep 2011 05:12
I actually have something perfect for this.
Posted:  23 Sep 2011 13:23
Bono Fett- Great! Your stuff is always so good. Hope this is a good excuse to get you posting again.
Posted:  24 Sep 2011 06:29
I would love to start posting again its jet really difficult doing everything from my freaking droid
Posted:  25 Sep 2011 22:34   Last Edited By: jerod26
My son is working on an origin story for Blackhorn. Differs from my original idea, but I think I'm going to go with it. It's good so far and I hope to post it soon.
Posted:  02 Oct 2011 01:42
Any general thoughts as to how this is progressing?
Posted:  10 Oct 2011 10:24
The Scorcher wears regular clothes, jeans and a white t-shirt. He has long black hair and a brooding look on his face. After he shoots fire from his hands, for several minutes you can still see the smoke emitting from them.

The Gray Phantom of course wears a gray costume and mask covering his whole body. There are some yellow markings on the arms and legs. Attached to his waist is a sword.

Captain America - Comic Cover
Buy This Captain America poster

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League