Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Marvel TV Shows May Be Set In Same Universe As Movies 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / Marvel Comics / Hulk / Marvel TV Shows May Be Set In Same Universe As Movies
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Marvel TV Shows May Be Set In Same Universe As Movies

Knoxville, Tn Home Inspector
Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  17 Oct 2011 16:44   Last Edited By: Tim
Marvel TV Shows May Be Set In Same Universe As Movies

http://superherouniverse.com/images/avengers/hulk.jpg

IGN Movies have compiled some details from New York Comic Con which shed some new light on Marvel's plans for how their live action TV shows will link up with the movies as well as comments from Jeph Loeb and Kevin Feige on all that and more. Below are a few excerpts from their report, but be sure to click on the first source link below to read it in full.

-Loeb stated that the recent trailer for The Avengers was basically our first glimpse of the TV Hulk.

-Loeb says that Marvel will be pushing the technology to its limit. That apparently means that all the intensive CGI modeling and design work that is being done for the movie Hulk will be recycled for the TV version.

-Loeb says the series is a different take on the Hulk, one that will focus more on the relationship between Betty Ross and Bruce at the very beginning of the Hulk's existence (when Hulk is still unknown to the world at large).

-Now, this shared TV/movie universe idea seems to go against previous statements made by the Marvel brass. So we asked Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige about the matter last night. And he, essentially, said it could happen.

sources: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/120/1200570p1.html

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=48307

Hulk store - books DVDs toys
Hulk fan art
Posted:  18 Oct 2011 08:13
That would be awesome.  One of the most annoying things about superhero movies is that they say people will be confused when a hero shows up in a movie while they are on a show, that those two versions don't match.  This way they wouldn't have that problem.

Plus, I like the continuity.  I also would find it fun to have a show set in the same continuity as the comics.  It would likely have to feature a character who doesn't have a major role in the books (like somebody new, or start up a Jessica Jones series), and they could have sporadic interactions with the other characters.
Posted:  18 Oct 2011 13:50
The only issue I see is that TV works different than movies like comics work different than TV. A weekly TV series needs different kinds of set up and story telling techniques than on 2 hour movie. I hope it's doesn't hold them back in any way.
Posted:  19 Oct 2011 00:42
Well, they can do it.  I've only ever seen TV shows and movies in the same universe when they are separate from each other (like the movie continuation of a TV series--The Simpsons with The Simpsons Movie, Firefly with Serenity, etc.--or TV series spun from the movie--Blade movies become Blade: The Series, Stargate becomes Stargate: SG-1, etc.), but nothing says they must be separate.

Of course, the Stargate series did hae The Ark of Truth still in continuity with the still-running (a the time) Stargate: Atlantis.  And, now that I think of it, Star Trek had the Next Generation movies running while Voyager was on, both in continuty with each other.  It would be nice to know if there have been any examples where the two were not so far away from each other that there would be no reasonable contact with the two, though.
Posted:  19 Oct 2011 14:57
The only down side is people sometimes want something totally different when they go to the movies. The Star Trek Next Generation movies really fizzled out there toward the end. Can't say if it was because people thought they could see the same thing on TV for free or not. I still enjoyed the movies although the way they killed Kirk irks me to this day, and none of them were as good as Star Trek II, III, and IV.

Having said that though at one point I was hoping Tom Welling would go on to be Superman in the movies from Smallville. I think that might have really worked well.

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League
Spider-man Star Trek Star Wars
Superman Teen Titans Thor TMNT Transformers