Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Frank Miller Doesn't Think Much of Occupy Wall Street 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / General Discussion / Frank Miller Doesn't Think Much of Occupy Wall Street
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Frank Miller Doesn't Think Much of Occupy Wall Street

Knoxville, Tn Home Inspector
Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  14 Nov 2011 15:47   Last Edited By: Tim
Frank Miller Doesn't Think Much of Occupy Wall Street

from http://news.yahoo.com/frank-miller-doesnt-think-much-occupy-wall-street-194424503.html

Quote:
Frank Miller, the legenday comic artist behind Sin City, 300, and The Dark Knight Returns unloaded on the Wall Street protesters in a recent blog post, and plenty of his fans are firing back.

Related: Mystery Witnesses Revealed for Muslim Radicalization Hearings

First, the blog post. In a long statement posted on his website, titled "Anarchy," Miller says he has decided to say what others are "too damn polite" to say:

The “Occupy” movement, whether displaying itself on Wall Street or in the streets of Oakland (which has, with unspeakable cowardice, embraced it) is anything but an exercise of our blessed First Amendment. “Occupy” is nothing but a pack of louts, thieves, and rapists, an unruly mob, fed by Woodstock-era nostalgia and putrid false righteousness. These clowns can do nothing but harm America.

“Occupy” is nothing short of a clumsy, poorly-expressed attempt at anarchy, to the extent that the “movement” – HAH! Some “movement”, except if the word “bowel” is attached - is anything more than an ugly fashion statement by a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves.

For fans who don't share his politics, including writers and comic book artists, the anti-Occupy screed is only the latest letdown. "So we've reached the point where 'Insane, even for Frank Miller' is a thing," the journalist Spencer Ackerman tweeted.

I'm not an expert on the Occupy Wallstreet Thing, but my first impression would probably coincide with Frank Miller's take. Really, I don't care much what people think about it much pro or con, but what kind of irritates me is that comics have gone so liberal that they personally attack a guy for voicing his opinion if that opinion is conservative.

I hope people don't start knocking Frank Miller's work just because they don't agree with his politics. Personally, I'm a fan of his Daredevil stuff for the most part. Not that much into Sin City or anything like that. Saw that movie with my wife and she still gets grossed out when we even mention it. But over the years Miller has put out some really good stuff even if I don't necessarily love all of it. I'm not that crazy that he uses gd all the time, but still the point being let his work stand alone and respect the guy's right to have his own opinion. It's the American way. If Miller was throwing around super liberal comments nobody would say anything at least in the comics community. Anyway I hope I don't make anybody mad, but it is in the news this morning. Right on the front page of Yahoo, and it does involve a comics legend.

http://superherouniverse.com/wiki/images/c/ca/Daredevil168.jpg

more on Frank Miller
Posted:  16 Nov 2011 18:43
Now Batman himself speaks out to a crowd of Occupy Wallstreeters!

Posted:  21 Nov 2011 07:37
Yet one more reason why Frank Miller is my hero.

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League
Spider-man Star Trek Star Wars
Superman Teen Titans Thor TMNT Transformers