*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Bastian Wolfe - the Origin of Time-Rider's Greatest Foe - The Conclusion! 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Superhero Universe Characters / TF Universe / Classic TF Stories / Time Rider Classic Stories and Posts / Bastian Wolfe - the Origin of Time-Rider's Greatest Foe - The Conclusion!
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
Bastian Wolfe - the Origin of Time-Rider's Greatest Foe - The Conclusion!

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  26 Apr 2012 17:34   Last Edited By: Tim
Bastian Wolfe - the Origin of Time-Rider's Greatest Foe - The Conclusion!

Just in case you haven't read the first two parts.

Bastian Wolfe - the Origin of Time-Rider's Greatest Foe Part 1
Bastian Wolfe - the Origin of Time-Rider's Greatest Foe Part 2

Time: 1934

In a flash scientist Jerry Clark and his son Stephen had been inexplicably thrown backward into time thanks to the secret time machine project Jerry kept in his basement, and his son's unfortunate meddling with the machine before it was ready to test.

But where and when were they, Jerry wondered. They were in a house that looked large and very pricey. Had his machine actually worked? Did they travel back in time? He worried though what were the physical affects on him and his son? He hadn't had time to test it. He never considered the possibility Stephen might turn on the machine without his permission, or that it would even work at this point. There, on a table, a newspaper. He grabbed it. "Oh no! No, this isn't good," he thought to himself as he saw the date and the location. It was Germany, and the year was 1934. What were the odds? Well World War II wasn't about to begin for a few more years, he concluded. So no need to panic, he thought as he heard men running to their position.

It was worse than he ever could have imagined. Stephen took one last look at his father before the fatal shot rang out. "No, it can't be not you!" Jerry shouted, but it was. The most evil man in history had shot Stephen's father without even a word of warning.

As Jerry lay dying, Stephen knelt beside his father sobbing, "I'm sorry Pop. Please forgive me. I should never have touched your machine. That's what brought us here ain't it Pop?" But Jerry had already passed away. "I promise I'll change Pop! I'll never lie again. Never," he swore with every fiber of his being.

It was Adolf Hitler who now stared at the boy with the eyes of evil and almost devilish power. The boy froze in fear as Adolf just smiled. Looking toward the other men in the home, he said, "I have a feeling this boy has a great destiny. I think I will name him Bastian...Bastian Wolfe. See to it that he's comfortable. I see the fate of Germany will lie in his hands. You know I have seen Germany's destiny, and this boy will play a big role!
http://superherouniverse.com/images2/story/hitler-eyes.jpg
And so years passed by as the boy grew to be a man just as the dark days of World War II were beginning. Hitler would eventually have the boy in his control much like the people of Germany. The boy's soul became dark as the light of his father's love grew dimmer and dimmer over the years. He learned to hate as his new father the devil Adolf Hitler proclaimed he must. The only thing he would ever love now would be the Third Reich!
http://superherouniverse.com/images2/story/hitler.jpg
When Germany came up with it's own time travel project in answer to America's Project Victory, Bastian was there seeing it along every step of the way until the very last days of the Third Reich when he escaped into the corridors of time. He waited and watched until the day he could once again unleash hell upon the earth in the form of the 4th Reich.

Time: Present Day

The last we saw of Time-Rider he was showing new SDL members Atomic Titan and the Knight Ranger around the SDL trophy room when the subject of Bastian Wolfe came up. The subject was done now and Time-Rider continued deeper into the trophy room to show a strange rusted out piece of equipment that looked a little like the time machine from the old movie based on the H.G. Wells story.

Atomic Titan looked with amazement and asked Time-Rider, "Is that what I think it is?"  "Well," said Time-Rider, "we think this might have been an time machine made sometime in the 1960's. It was found sometime in the late 80's in the basement of Dr. Jerry Clark who was a brilliant scientist. Clark and his son both disappeared way back in '61. Rest assured though they didn't go through time with this old piece of junk. We had ATTA scientists look at it up and down and the only way it could have ever worked was if it had received a huge amount of energy. Dr. Clark was probably working on a way to limit the amount of energy needed to make it function when he disappeared."

Knight Ranger questions, "So there was no way he went back in time with this machine?"

"No way," Time-Rider responds with a little bit of a smile in his voice. "Not unless a lightning bolt hit it the exact second the switch was flipped. But I guess you never know, do you."

Only the beginning!

http://superherouniverse.com/images2/story/bastian-supervillain.jpg
Posted:  26 Apr 2012 17:47
Wow, so it all came down to lightning striking and exact timing. Wonder if Time-Rider will eat crow if he discovers Bastian is Dr. Clark's son?

This is awesome. Can't wait to see Bastian Wolfe in a present day story.
Posted:  26 Apr 2012 17:59
I'm kicking around some ideas now, but you know me though I'm a little slow. I hope to get some more stuff out with my characters a little faster than I have been lately.

Glad you liked it!
Posted:  26 Apr 2012 19:44
Here's some pics I almost didn't see that Jerod sent me. They add a lot to the story.

This would be during the height of World War II once Bastian began wearing the mask.

http://superherouniverse.com/images2/story/Bastion1.jpg

http://superherouniverse.com/images2/story/Bastion2.jpg
Posted:  26 Apr 2012 23:15
Good stuff Tim!
Posted:  27 Apr 2012 04:36
Say, Bastian Wolfe looks suspiciously like the late Dennis Hopper in the photo above!

Quote:
Knight Ranger questions, "So there was no way he went back in time with this machine?"

"No way," Time-Rider responds with a little bit of a smile in his voice. "Not unless a lightning bolt hit it the exact second the switch was flipped. But I guess you never know, do you."

It could have been worse, they also could have had to have been traveling at 88 miles per hour too!

Good work Tim!
Posted:  27 Apr 2012 14:24
Thanks man. Haven't heard from you in a long while!

Yes, Bastian Wolfe does resemble Dennis Hopper in his youth. Go figure.
Posted:  27 Apr 2012 16:59   Last Edited By: jerod26
That base Hopper image is from an episode of the Twilight Zone, right?

Like the tweak on the images I sent also.
Posted:  27 Apr 2012 17:19
Yep, sure is Jerod. I love the Twilight Zone. One of the best shows of all time. I believe that particular episode featured Hitler coming back from the grave, if I'm not mistaken.

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Home repair videos

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil