Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Metropolis Il, Superman Celebration This Weekend! 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / DC Comics / Superman / Metropolis Il, Superman Celebration This Weekend!
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Metropolis Il, Superman Celebration This Weekend!

Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  08 Jun 2012 22:03   Last Edited By: Tim
The annual Superman Celebration is taking place this weekend in Metropolis, Illinois, and this video features an interview with the town's official Man of Steel, Josh Boultinghouse, who previews what fans can expect.

Superman said that Smallville's Cassidy Freeman aka Tess Mercer and John Glover aka Lionel Luthor will be there. Also the 80's Superboy will be there as well.

http://www.supermantv.net/superboy/superboylogo.jpg

Superman Store books clothing DVDs Posters toys
Posted:  08 Jun 2012 22:23   Last Edited By: Rick Jones
Speaking of Tess, have you see that new western show she's on, Longmire? It's pretty good.

I never watched the Superboy show, but I just bought the complete series on DVD yesterday.
Posted:  09 Jun 2012 01:15
The complete superboy series or Smallville? I've been wanting to get more superboy episodes. All I've got is the first season on dvd.
Posted:  09 Jun 2012 01:39   Last Edited By: Rick Jones
I already had all 10 seasons of Smallville. I just recently watched them all the way through again. I got on a Superman kick and I had to watch Lois and Clark and now I've moved on to Superboy. I hope its not too corny.
Posted:  09 Jun 2012 01:42
So they are selling all of Superboy now, or is it still just the first season?
Posted:  09 Jun 2012 01:46
No its the whole series.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/superboy-complete-series-on-dvd-495302006

I couldn't find it on Amazon so I had to look around. This is a good place to find old TV shows not released on DVD yet. They're home recordings but usually the quality is pretty good.
Posted:  09 Jun 2012 01:54
Hey that's cool. Let me know what the quality is like. If it's at least vhs quality I want to get this too. In the past I've gotten stuff that wasn't official and it turned out to be kind of blurry. I see the screenshots he's got, but I wonder how it actually looks on TV.

Am I reading that right is it only 20 bucks?
Posted:  09 Jun 2012 02:00   Last Edited By: Rick Jones
Yeah only 20 bucks. Very hard to pass up. They have a lot of stuff I've wanted to watch but haven't been able to buy like the 80s Werewolf series.

I'll let you know, I hope to be getting it at the beginning of next week.
Posted:  18 Jun 2012 06:10   Last Edited By: Rick Jones
Quote:
Let me know what the quality is like.

These DVDs are awesome. Picture isn't perfect but its fine. You can see the faces clearly and everything looks good. A few times the color looks distorted and the screen messes up but its not very often. When it does happen, its not that bad because you can still tell what's going on. I'd say the collection is more than worth the money I paid for it.
Posted:  18 Jun 2012 14:09
Awesome! I'll see if I can order it today.
Posted:  18 Jun 2012 14:53
Just ordered. Can't wait to get it and see how it looks!
Posted:  21 Jun 2012 15:50
Got my Superboy DVDs already and have been watching.
Posted:  21 Jun 2012 17:49
I've been watching them too. I've become addicted. I think I'll probably finish the series today.

The shows are so short, after I watch one, it doesn't feel like enough so I always have to watch one more.
Posted:  21 Jun 2012 19:18
Wow you are really moving on. I think I've watched about 5 episodes yesterday.

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League
Spider-man Star Trek Star Wars
Superman Teen Titans Thor TMNT Transformers