Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Judge Dredd 2012 Trailer! 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Judge Dredd 2012 Trailer!

Knoxville, Tn Home Inspector
Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Posted:  21 Jun 2012 15:39   Last Edited By: Tim
http://superherouniverse.com/images2/movies/judgedredd.jpg

Judge Dredd 3D 2012 Official Trailer

You know I did not know there was a Hall of Justice in Dredd comics till this trailer. Who stole the idea first Super Friends or Dredd? The best part I thought was when he says, "I am the law".

The thought also crossed my mind, somebody better tell Batman, Dredd stole his voice, but in fairness I think he actually sounds a bit more like Dirty Harry which is never a bad thing.

I think this movie might be ok if it's not a hard R rating. I'm too old to deal with movies that say the F word every two seconds and do slow motion shots of blood and gore. Looks like it will have a lot of shoot em ups at least. That alone makes it worth watching.

This makes me want to watch Stallone's Judge Dredd movie again on my DVD.

Movie Information

In a violent, futuristic city where the police have the authority to act as judge, jury and executioner, a cop teams with a trainee to take down a gang that deals the reality-altering drug, SLO-MO.

Director: Pete Travis
Writers: Carlos Ezquerra (characters), Alex Garland (screenplay), and 1 more credit ยป
Stars: Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby and Lena Headey

Judge Dredd Books and More
Posted:  21 Jun 2012 19:00   Last Edited By: wayne clayton
Looks like Dredds been to visit them and blocked the vid. Someones spending 5 in an Iso Cube.

I think you did see the Halls of Justice in the old movie. Big building with a huge Eagle on top.

Here where they got the name Judge Dredd from. Prince Buster is a famous SKA singer from the 60's

Posted:  21 Jun 2012 19:17
Hopefully the trailer will be available again sometime today. I've read today was the day of it's release so I'm wondering why they'd take it down.

So Judge Dredd came from a Re-gee Jamaican type Album. That's interesting.
Posted:  21 Jun 2012 19:44
Just edited the post above with the official trailer release.

Just got an email about it just now along with this synopsis.

Synopsis:
The future America is an irradiated waste land. On its East Coast, running from Boston to Washington DC, lies Mega City One- a vast, violent metropolis where criminals rule the chaotic streets.  The only force of order lies with the urban cops called "Judges" who possess the combined powers of judge, jury and instant executioner.  Known and feared throughout the city, Dredd (Karl Urban) is the ultimate Judge, challenged with ridding the city of its latest scourge - a dangerous drug epidemic that has users of "Slo-Mo" experiencing reality at a fraction of its normal speed.

During a routine day on the job, Dredd is assigned to train and evaluate Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby), a rookie with powerful psychic abilities thanks to a genetic mutation.  A heinous crime calls them to a neighborhood where fellow Judges rarely dare to venture- a 200 story vertical slum controlled by prostitute turned drug lord Ma-Ma (Lena Headey) and her ruthless clan.  When they capture one of the clan's inner circle, Ma-Ma overtakes the compound's control center and wages a dirty, vicious war against the Judges that proves she will stop at nothing to protect her empire.  With the body count climbing and no way out, Dredd and Anderson must confront the odds and engage in the relentless battle for their survival.

The endlessly inventive mind of writer Alex Garland and director Pete Travis bring DREDD to life as a futuristic neo-noir action film.  Filmed in 3D with stunning slow motion photography sequences, the film returns the celebrated character to the dark, visceral incarnation from John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra's revered comic strip.

DREDD will open on Friday, September 21st, 2012.
"Judgment is Coming."
Posted:  21 Jun 2012 20:19
Judge Dredd + 200 floors of men with guns to get through. Sounds like just another day in the world of Dredd
Posted:  22 Jun 2012 00:08
Posted:  22 Jun 2012 14:24
I was really digging the intro before they got to the pinball game. It gave a great history into the world of Dredd.

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League
Spider-man Star Trek Star Wars
Superman Teen Titans Thor TMNT Transformers