*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Superman Quits Daily Planet 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / DC Comics / Superman / Superman Quits Daily Planet
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
Superman Quits Daily Planet

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  24 Oct 2012 17:36   Last Edited By: Tim
Clark Kent, Superman's alter ego, is quitting his job at the Daily Planet to become a blogger.

His official resignation was featured in “SUPERMAN #13” released today. According to the writer, Scott Lobdell, he is trying to depict the common-day struggles of 20-somethings. “This is really what happens when a 27-year-old guy is behind a desk and he has to take instruction from a larger conglomerate with concerns that aren’t really his own,” Lobdell says.

source: http://www.nma.tv/superman-quits-job-daily-planet/

Superman Store books clothing DVDs Posters toys
Posted:  24 Oct 2012 17:38
Maybe he started a comicbook fan web site?
Posted:  24 Oct 2012 17:47

Could be. You never know.
Posted:  26 Oct 2012 02:27
I hate that Superman's now in his 20s.  My whole life he's been in his 30s.  It's a good place for him--young, but seasoned, which is what I expect from the main depiction of Superman.

Also, this career move does make sense in this day and age.  Newspapers are dying, and Clark can't reasonably hold a job at one for long.  But blogging is not really a money-making endeavor, so I think they should extrapolate on the TV news stuff he was doing for a time and have him be a video blogger.

Normally I don't like the big changes they make, but this one just sits right with me.  It's a natural thing for someone to do in this day and age.
Posted:  26 Oct 2012 14:37
You know the same kind of change happened in the 70's when Clark became a TV news reporter for a long time in order to be more modern. Something tells me eventually he'll be back at the Daily Planet again before it's all over with.

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Top Ten Time Travel Books

*New Time Cruisers III Shadows of the Past

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman