Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Superman Quits Daily Planet 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / DC Comics / Superman / Superman Quits Daily Planet
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Superman Quits Daily Planet

Shop through this Amazon search box to support Superhero Universe!

Store Fronts Around the World
Posted:  24 Oct 2012 17:36   Last Edited By: Tim
Clark Kent, Superman's alter ego, is quitting his job at the Daily Planet to become a blogger.

His official resignation was featured in “SUPERMAN #13” released today. According to the writer, Scott Lobdell, he is trying to depict the common-day struggles of 20-somethings. “This is really what happens when a 27-year-old guy is behind a desk and he has to take instruction from a larger conglomerate with concerns that aren’t really his own,” Lobdell says.

source: http://www.nma.tv/superman-quits-job-daily-planet/

Superman Store books clothing DVDs Posters toys
Posted:  24 Oct 2012 17:38
Maybe he started a comicbook fan web site?
Posted:  24 Oct 2012 17:47

Could be. You never know.
Posted:  26 Oct 2012 02:27
I hate that Superman's now in his 20s.  My whole life he's been in his 30s.  It's a good place for him--young, but seasoned, which is what I expect from the main depiction of Superman.

Also, this career move does make sense in this day and age.  Newspapers are dying, and Clark can't reasonably hold a job at one for long.  But blogging is not really a money-making endeavor, so I think they should extrapolate on the TV news stuff he was doing for a time and have him be a video blogger.

Normally I don't like the big changes they make, but this one just sits right with me.  It's a natural thing for someone to do in this day and age.
Posted:  26 Oct 2012 14:37
You know the same kind of change happened in the 70's when Clark became a TV news reporter for a long time in order to be more modern. Something tells me eventually he'll be back at the Daily Planet again before it's all over with.

Captain America - Comic Cover
Buy This Captain America poster

Top Ten Time Travel Books

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero - Books Clothing DVDs Games Posters
Toys

Superhero Stores
Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil
Fantastic Four  Green Lantern
Green Arrow Hulk Iron Man
 Indiana Jones Justice League