*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Karabear Comics doing more in the SUniverse 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
Karabear Comics doing more in the SUniverse

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  22 Feb 2014 17:45
My current story (still updating) is following the Swimmer and the Runner, and so far has had a couple other SU characters in it, with the idea that more can come.  The story starts here.  Any ideas on who else to use, and how to use them?
Posted:  22 Feb 2014 20:07
Liked it!
Posted:  22 Feb 2014 21:19
Crossover Melee 10: Mudmen

http://superherouniverse.com/art/data/958/SwimmerTR.jpg
Posted:  22 Feb 2014 21:33
Your art is progressing, great job drawing Time-Rider.  Note about Johnny Rebel appearance, he does make his way into the present at some point. Nothing really been done about that yet story wise, but that's the intention all along that he disappeared in the 60's and reappeared later on in the modern world.
Posted:  23 Feb 2014 02:24
Jerod, that's awesome.  Who was your model for the Swimmer?  I use an adult actress, but it's nice to see what other people use.  Also, in case one wants to know, I use the adult actress (transsexual actress Carmen Moore) because she's the right ethnicity (Native American) and transgender, as well as the fact that the Swimmer is a cam model, so it seemed right to use someone in similar work (even if I have to root through a lot of adult material to find references).

Tim, thanks for the compliment.  I definitely have been improving, and it's nice to see it acknowledged.  And it's good to know about Johnny Rebel, and that it's not creating any sort of plot hole to use him.
Posted:  23 Feb 2014 03:42   Last Edited By: jerod26
I started by looking for a darker skinned woman. Found an image of Rosario Dawson that fit the bill for me.

http://worldofblackheroes.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/rosario-dawson-12.jpg

The rest then came down to tweaking it for a costume.

Glad you like it. Feel free to use on your own site if you wish.
Posted:  23 Feb 2014 05:23
That's okay.  The Swimmer is Cherokee, while Rosario is Latina.  Carmen Moore is Cherokee, so I'll continue to go with her.  It is fortuitous that I found a model of any sort that fit all my needs for the Swimmer--well, I make her taller, a tad thinner and give her an adam's apple, but otherwise it's quite worthwhile.

What's annoying is trying to find models for the other characters in my comic.  Eiderdown (half-Mexican, half-Lao) is really the hardest (I often think model Jessica Gomes comes closest, though she's half-Chinese, not half-Lao, and she's also not transgender).  Ostensibly I could find models for Astral and Sparkle, but haven't settled down on them.  Fractal is changing so much a model doesn't work, while the Runner kind of doesn't need a model, as he isn't even human.
Posted:  10 Mar 2014 04:15
Check out the page tomorrow.  I'm sure people here will enjoy it.
Posted:  10 Mar 2014 05:09
Quote:
Check out the page tomorrow.  I'm sure people here will enjoy it.
Posted:  25 Mar 2014 07:18
Final page in the story up tomorrow (the 25th).
Posted:  25 Mar 2014 14:45
Wow, just caught up! Almost everyone is in there!
Posted:  25 Mar 2014 22:37
Yeah, I liked throwing them in there, and it gives a connection of the Swimmer and the Runner to so many characters.  I specifically didn't include characters like Executioner, however, because I do kind of wonder if said character is even in the same universe, not to mention if he is, he's likely in the distant past.

And then I put Surfer Samurai on the page with many characters despite the fact that his existence has been negated (at least I think it's now that he never got his powers).  Go figure.
Posted:  26 Mar 2014 15:14
Actually, I wrote the Samurai Surfer back into the world a while back, The Return of the Samurai Surfer. I haven't done anything lately with him though. You know how it is with superheroes they never stay dead or stay written out of history for long.

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Home repair videos

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil