*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Zach Snyder Officially Picked for Justice League movie! 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / DC Comics / Justice League / Zach Snyder Officially Picked for Justice League movie!
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
Zach Snyder Officially Picked for Justice League movie!

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  28 Apr 2014 13:43   Last Edited By: Tim
Justice League Store Books Clothing DVDs Posters Toys Video Games

Zack Snyder will officially direct "Justice League" for Warner Bros as soon as he's done with "Man Of Steel 2 according to tv yahoo."

http://cache2.artprintimages.com/LRG/59/5942/WGXRG00Z.jpg
Order this poster

Quote:
Greg Silverman, president of worldwide production for the studio, made it official in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. There's a hilariously breathless quote midway through his story that pretty much explains why they were given the story. "The plans for three superhero movies in relatively quick succession show how intent Warner is on catching up with rival Walt Disney Co.'s Marvel Studios in building a cinematic superhero universe after years lagging behind."

They don't mention a date for "Justice League," but if the "Man Of Steel" sequel comes out as planned in 2016 and Zack Snyder is directing both films, then the earliest we're going to see it is 2018. If they did decide to make "Justice League" back-to-back with the "Man Of Steel" sequel, then maybe they could get it into theaters by 2017.

This I hadn't thought of.

Quote:
Warner tends to go gigantic when they make these films. I would be surprised if Marvel's made three films out of their whole run so far that are anywhere near as expensive as "Green Lantern" was, and I'm willing to bet that aside from "Avengers: Age Of Ultron," there's never been a Marvel movie that costs as much as "Man Of Steel" did.

Quote:
"Man Of Steel 2" and "Captain America 3" are both set for the same date, but that won't end up happening,

That's for sure. I read in another article that Disney is already re-thinking their May 16th 2016 date for Captain America 3.

Quote:
they mentioned other films in development, including "Shazam," "Metal Men," "100 Bullets," and "Fables," especially since at least two of those have no overlap potential with "Man Of Steel" or "Justice League" at all. They also teased the possibility of making a "Wonder Woman" movie

Also you may want to check out this article from the wall street journal the yahoo article refers to.

I hope they get the show on the road here and start putting out some movies. I want to see Justice League before I'm eligible for social security. I really want to see a Shazam movie to. I just hope it's the one I grew up with and not some dark and gritty movie. Shazam needs to be fun and light hearted. They can skip the talking tiger if they want. That's not going to hurt my feelings any, but don't make some kind of Dark Knight out of Shazam. I'd like to see it resemble the Christopher Reeve Superman movies in tone.
Posted:  29 Apr 2014 01:29
DC's dates are too far out there. They pushed Superman 2 (with Batman) back a year almost immediately after announcing it. They have zero momentum for me to actually care at the moment. Maybe in a couple years.......
Posted:  29 Apr 2014 05:12
Teasing a Wonder Woman movie?  How about rather than teasing, they make one?  Set it in stone.  Get a solid writer and director (maybe get Gail Simone to do the plot, get a screenwriter to smooth it out for the screen and get somebody with reverence for the character to direct) and push hard to get it made.  But I always say: go for someone to play her who looks and acts tough, but can bring across the compassion needed.  Lucy Lawless is interested.  She's perfect.  Now, I do prefer an unknown, but I can think of other stars that could work.  Michelle Rodriguez seems good, at least on the physical angle (don't know how compassionate she can act--I've only seen her act tough--but she does need a starring role for once, not one where she's destined to die, like most films she's in).  The Blockbuster Buster suggested the woman from 300, and she would also be a solid choice.

I'm not happy that Snyder's doing the Justice League, as I hated Man of Steel.  There was no life in it, and the action scenes had no soul to them.  I don't want mindless action, I want plot.  I want to care.  The Avengers made me care.  Really, they're the benchmark here, and I don't know if Snyder has the chops for it.  He tends to go too dark, and inserts a lot of gratuitous action in his films (and I'm not a fan of all the ramping he does--I know it wasn't so much in Man of Steel, but it was front and center in 300 and Watchmen).

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Home repair videos

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil