*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Frank Miller wants to write Captain America 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / Marvel Comics / Captain America / Frank Miller wants to write Captain America
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
Frank Miller wants to write Captain America

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  13 Jun 2014 15:01
When asked which comic hero Frank Miller like to write for now, he replied “I get back to Captain America, because I find him such a wonderful anachronism,” in addition to being a character that “features virtues that my country has either lost or misplaced for a very long time.” He continued, “I remember telling people at Marvel, just a few days after 9/11, that I hoped they realized what they had there, because Captain America's reaction to 9/11 would have been pretty direct.”

source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sin-city-creator-wants-write-711504

Frank Miller Books

I think Miller could bring a lot of good points to Captain America. I love what he has to say about Cap. I would hope he would not go for ultra violence in a Cap book though, keep the emphasis on Cap's heroic nature kind of thing and his values.

Marvel would probably have a cow if Miller went too realistic in terms of combating terrorism and like that. Can you imagine if the 1940's comics were so politically correct to the point where Cap was not allowed to punch Hitler in the face? People have tread very carefully these days in their response to terrorism, everyone except maybe Jack Bauer.

One thing that really scares me these days more than anything is that more and more I keep reading that people are having their jobs threatened because they had some kind of political expression, usually a conservative view point.

Like this story where two managers have been threatened by a government union because they had bumper stickers supporting Duck Dynasty.

I'd like to see Cap take on the subject of censorship. If you can't even have a simple bumper sticker without fear of losing your job, then this isn't even America anymore. This is has literally become a communist state. Communism, Nazism, they all start the same, a little at a time. Things progress so slowly and methodically that after a while nobody seems to notice their freedom is dwindling, until it's you they come after.

I wonder sometimes if we are going to become a nation where you only work if you agree with whoever is in power at the time. I sure hope not.
Posted:  14 Jun 2014 15:12   Last Edited By: Tim
http://superherouniverse.com/images5/MILLER.jpg
Posted:  14 Jun 2014 15:24
A very battle weary Captain America.

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Home repair videos

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys