*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community RIP Super Friends Casey Kasem 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / DC Comics / Justice League / RIP Super Friends Casey Kasem
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
RIP Super Friends Casey Kasem

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  17 Jun 2014 15:43   Last Edited By: Tim
http://superherouniverse.com/images5/superfriends.jpg

Things have been really busy lately so I didn't get a chance to post this as quickly as I would have liked.

Sadly, Casey Kasem died recently on June 15, 2014 at the age of 82.

People my age practically grew up with Casey in the 70's and 80's. He was there on Saturday mornings doing the voices of Shaggy from Scooby Doo and Robin the boy wonder on the Super Friends, and then as we grew into teenagers he was there every week doing the American Top 40 countdown. Back in the 80's, I could tell you the names of almost every song in the top 40, their current ranking, and maybe a little trivia as well thanks to Casey's radio show. These days, I'd be lucky to even have heard the current number one song in America. I also remember a top ten rock video show Casey did every week.
Super Friends Robin Casey Kasem

I looked it up on wiki and found a few things about Casey Kasem I did not know. Casey also did voices for Sesame Street and voices on the 80's Transformers. You may also remember Casey's radio voice appearance on the Ghostbusters movie.

I think one of the last bits of voice work he did was in 2009, where he did voice Shaggy's father in the 2010 TV series, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated. I was surprised when I heard his voice on the series. He sounded a lot older, but I recognized his Shaggy voice immediately.

According to wiki, his last performances as Shaggy was in 2009 in the DVD movie Scooby Doo and the Samurai Sword and again for "The Official BBC Children in Need Medley", but went uncredited by his request.

Scooby Doo

Here's a few more things you might remember from Casey's career as per wiki-

Quote:
Kasem performed many TV commercial voice overs for companies and products like A&P, Chevron, Ford, Red Lobster, Raid, Oscar Mayer, Hoover vacuum cleaners, Velveeta, Joy dishwashing liquid, Heinz ketchup, Sears, Prestone, Dairy Queen, Continental Airlines, the California Raisin Advisory Board, the National Cancer Institute, and promos for the NBC television network. In March 2010, Kasem appeared in a commercial for Sprint 4G, reprising his role as AT40 host.

From 1980 to 1989 and again from 1991 to 1992, Kasem also hosted the syndicated American Top 40 TV spin-off America's Top 10, a weekly half-hour music video show that counted down the top 10 songs in the United States.

He initially was hired as the narrator for the TV show Soap, but quit the series after the pilot due to the controversial adult themes the show promoted. Rod Roddy replaced him as narrator; it was Roddy's first national television announcing job.

In addition to voice acting, Kasem appeared on camera on at least two episodes of Hawaii Five-O and Nick at Nite on New Year's Eve from 1989 to 1998, counting down the top reruns of the year. He also made two cameo appearances on the TV show Saved by the Bell in the early 1990s and one cameo appearance on Quincy, M.E. in the episode "An Unfriendly Radiance." As well, Kasem appeared in an episode of ALF during that show's 4th season.

In the late 1970s, Kasem portrayed an actor who imitated Columbo and had a key role in the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries two-part episodes "The Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom." He also portrayed a golf commentator in an episode of Charlie's Angels titled "Winning is for Losers," with then unknown actress Jamie Lee Curtis playing one of the golfers.

He was once also seen on Late Show with David Letterman performing a Top Ten list: "the Top Ten Favorite Numbers from 1 to 10." The countdown of numbers was paused at number 2 for Kasem to spoof one of his long distance dedications. He appeared on camera as a co-host of Jerry Lewis' annual Labor Day Telethon for the Muscular Dystrophy Association from 1983–2005.

In 2008, Kasem did the voice over for WGN America's Out of Sight Retro Night.

Casey was known for saying at the end of every American Top 40 show, "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Home repair videos

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil