*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Halloween Cameo Caper--who's in? 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
Halloween Cameo Caper--who's in?

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  26 Jul 2014 01:47
Okay, some background: in 2006, LP Hogan of the Webcomic Crossover and Cameo Archive, helped organize a get-together of webcomics for Halloween (and some storylines starting before).  There has been one every year since, always with a specific setting decided upon, and people sign up to either be directly involved or have cameos of their characters.  While all necessary in a Caper is to put a page up on Halloween cameoing as many of the characters from the Caper as you can/want to (and set in the actual setting of the Caper, too, of course), many have done storylines, both leading up to and leading out of the event (making a joke that Halloween can sometimes last for months, as some just keep said Caper going for so long).

This year's Caper takes place on a tropical island.  Check out more information here.

Who wants to get involved?  I've been in the last two (2012 was in a city at a dimensional waypoint and 2013 was in a candy world) and plan on being in this one.  It would be neat to see some others from here involved, if they want to be.  Good excuse to show your characters at a beach, maybe incentive to do a quick storyline for those who currently need such incentive.
Posted:  26 Jul 2014 05:11
Will consider. See end of August timeline to sign up.
Posted:  26 Jul 2014 15:23
Sounds cool, but I may not be able to squeeze it in with all my other work I've got going on.
Posted:  26 Jul 2014 16:28
I can understand one being busy, but I thought I'd mention.  It's a fun little project, for sure.
Posted:  27 Jul 2014 00:54
so is it a picture of your own character or it has to have ALL the other characters from their site? id like to do something but idk how much i could get done regarding the other characters
Posted:  27 Jul 2014 04:49
It's as much of them as you want to put in.  It's generally courtesy to put somebody else than your own characters in, of course, but by no means do you have to put in all.  Especially with the amount of characters I've been thinking of using this year...

Just look at a specific instance in the 2006 Caper: this is the cast image (which doesn't even include everybody, mind you), while this is what the comic Mindmistress had as its sole piece of participation, using only three characters (aside from Mindmistress herself) from the Caper.

And it's out of the characters who are being used for the current year.  Right now, only one person has officially signed up (the creator of Hey Fox is having two characters appear), though others are likely to (frequent contributor Joff of Life and Death will likely be there, Dawn of a New Era usually joins in, KAM of the KAMics often brings in his characters Gertrude and Brunhilda, and DDSR has become a bit more regular of late--not to mention that I'm going to sign up, but want to get references for my characters done).  People can also sign up as cameos--when they won't be able to submit pages, they can allow characters of theirs to be used, though this has no guarantee that they will be used.

It should be noted that people often put Hogan himself in the Caper.  He's usually portrayed as driven to sometimes-homicidal madness over all the cameos (he runs the Webcomic Crossover and Cameo Archive, after all, and therefore has to log all the cameos).  If he's included, there is a page of fanart of him here, as well as another page chronicling a lot of the comics he's appeared in here.  Generally, crazy blond Dane with an axe (said axe often able to catch fire, courtesy of his time in the Crossover Wars).

Wow, that's a lot more links than I thought I'd put in this.
Posted:  27 Jul 2014 19:13
hmmm and its a beach theme correct? ok I'm in!! My Characters will be Sugar Skulls(Spektro) and Big Blue.
Posted:  28 Jul 2014 07:00
Do you guys want me to post your stuff on the Caper board, or do you want to get usernames and do it yourselves?  If it's the latter, you need to contact Hogan (Hogan at dragoneers dot com--spelled that way because it's how Hogan has it on the boards, to help prevent spam mail) directly.  He used to get a lot of spam on the boards, and due to being busy, felt this was the best way to prevent such attacks.
Posted:  28 Jul 2014 21:18
I would appreciate if you would post it for me if it's not to much trouble and you can find references here on SHU Spektro's recent look is in the last comic and big blue is on the message boards
Posted:  29 Jul 2014 00:09
I posted the info on there.

I didn't link directly to the thread that has the description of the Caper's setting, so I thought I would: this is it.  It seems Hogan was inspired by Fantasy Island.  Anyways, if one wants to do a story in a contribution, that setting provides the groundwork one can use.
Posted:  07 Oct 2014 05:59
Just touching base on this with a little fun: Spektro and Big Blue have already shown up in a cameo!  Check out this page of The Gingerbread Man Chronicles (panel 5).  Thought you might be interested in that.  And yes, it does mean the Caper's currently in full swing.  I've got three comics currently updating for it, myself.
Posted:  08 Oct 2014 03:25
Nice work Trickstyx!
Posted:  09 Oct 2014 07:13
Well, the page I linked was done by Chris V of Victory (forget his username here, but I know he's on here, as well, usually having the word "Victory" in his username).
Posted:  21 Oct 2014 23:39
thats really cool!!!!! sorry I've been gone so long,Shastab could i have your email so i can send you the page i made
Posted:  01 Nov 2014 01:28
Why did it take me so long to see your reply, trickstyx?  Sorry.  My e-mail's karamesser@hotmail.com

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Home repair videos

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil