*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community First Look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Super Heroes / DC Comics / Wonder Woman / First Look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
First Look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  26 Jul 2014 21:38   Last Edited By: Tim
Warner Bros has just revealed, as part of its Comic-Con panel, the new look for Wonder Woman. It's first look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in the upcoming Batman vs Superman movie.

http://supermantv.net/art/data/media/51/wonder_woman_movie.jpg

Yeah, I know she looks good and pretty tough and all that, but this ain't Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman has red, white, and blue on her costume and is basically a female version of Captain America, but no it's silly to be patriotic these days. It's not silly to have dudes flying around in capes, but heaven help us if we have characters running around with the American flag on their costume. Oh, well we can send soldiers to die for old glory over seas, but we can't have superheroes wear red, white, and blue, mainly of course because that might offend other countries. America is the only country where the citizens aren't allowed to be proud.

And then there's those young fans that think everything has to be dark and serious. Hellooooo, it's superheroes. If you can't have fun with them, then what's the friggin point.

I'm not as mad as I might sound, I just needed to get a few points off my chest.

Who knows maybe, just maybe this is how she looks at first and by the end of the movies she'll at least have the familiar colors even if she doesn't have any flag like design on it. And no I don't care if it makes sense or not for an Amazon to be wearing a flag for a costume. Nobody batted an eye for over 7 decades. Just because we got a communist for a president now doesn't mean we have to stop being patriotic.

Feels good to complain sometimes. That's one of those things guaranteed in our constitution.

http://superherouniverse.com/wiki/images/f/f7/Bullets-braces.jpg

What do you all think? Does she look good to you? Miss the old costume like me?
Posted:  27 Jul 2014 23:28
While I love the old red-white-blue WW costume, keep in mind she's an Amazonian not American. In retro-continuity it was said WW was sent to the United States during WW2 in that color scheme to fit in better with patriotic Americans. As an Amazonian warrior-ess, this color scheme works well in general. Kinda mono-chromatic; they could have added some pieces in brass (below) to stand out a bit but it looks good either way. 

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc385/jerod26/Superherouniverse/wonder_woman_movie_zps01214e08.jpg
Posted:  28 Jul 2014 00:29
I like the new costume since its more like how I picture an amazon warrior but I like the gold Jerod added to make the design stand out better.

If this movie had been made in the 80s im sure we would still be seeing the red, white, and blue.
Posted:  28 Jul 2014 06:55
Yeah, the gold should be better emphasized, and I also would love the red to pop out more, too.  Everybody in the movies seems to think that the public only wants superheroes in black or muddy colors (okay, not everybody--Captain America has done a good job staying in bright colors for the most part).  Also, the woman should get a longer skirt.  Wonder Woman with a warrior's skirt makes sense--but said skirt should cover more.  I know they may want to show off Gal Gadot's legs, but this is the equivalent of a miniskirt--it's always going to look objectifying.

Also, jerod, you forgot to emphasize the gold on the tiara and boots.  Thought I'd mention.
Posted:  29 Jul 2014 12:44
The new Wonder Woman looks great as an Amazon, but it's just not Wonder Woman. I know she's not an American, but then again, America is a nation of immigrants. Plus to me it's all about what has come before and WW has always had red, white, and blue in her costume. That's how she dresses. Can you imagine WW dressing like this on the Super Friends, or what if Lynda Carter had wore this. Show would have been a lot less interesting.

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Home repair videos

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil