*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community 10 Books That Predicted The Future 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / SCI-FI / Real Life Strange and Bizarre! / 10 Books That Predicted The Future
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
10 Books That Predicted The Future

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  18 Aug 2016 20:37   Last Edited By: Tim
10 Books That Predicted The Future

The 1969 book Stand on Zanzibar is the book mentioned in the video that gave me the most creeps in that it predicted among other things that the President of 2010 would be named President Obomi. I haven't read the book, but I saw on another site that the book predicted things like cigarettes being demonized and marijuana being made legal, and many other similar things.

According to http://www.themillions.com/2013/03/the-weird-1969-new-wave-sci-fi-novel-that-correctly-predicted-the-current-day.html the book predicted that 2010 would be filled with

Random acts of violence by crazy individuals, often taking place at schools, plague society in Stand on Zanzibar.

Terrorism would be our biggest enemy.

rices have increased sixfold between 1960 and 2010 because of inflation. (The actual increase in U.S. prices during that period was sevenfold, but Brunner was close.)

The most powerful U.S. rival is no longer the Soviet Union, but China.

Europeans have formed a union of nations to improve their economic prospects and influence on world affairs.

Israel remains the epicenter of tensions in the Middle East.
Read the Bible and you'll basically get that that will be the case while the Earth stands.

Detroit has not prospered, and is almost a ghost town because of all the shuttered factories.

TV news channels have now gone global via satellite.

TiVo-type systems allow people to view TV programs according to their own schedule.

President Obomi, that one really creeps me out.

Was the writer a genius, or something else? Perhaps he was a time traveler or alien being from space. We may never know.

Stand on Zanzibar
Posted:  18 Aug 2016 23:02
Definitely some creepy stuff here. I've heard of some of these books mainly the ones that became movies (1984, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Gulliver's Travels, ). I've actually read Frankenstein but I think that's the only one. I tried reading 2001 A Space Odyssey and couldn't get into it.

President Obomi is creepy close. Some of the others almost seem like time travel must have been involved to know that stuff was coming.

Interesting video

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Top Ten Time Travel Books

*New Time Cruisers III Shadows of the Past

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters