Join Date: May 2005
I thought I would start this thread in order for us to put our book promotion ideas together.
I'll add more details later, but quickly here are some of the things I'm testing.
1. Fiverr - not getting a whole lot out of it yet. The only effective fiverr I've used so far is bknights and that was for the free book. It generated quite a few downloads, but it was for free copies of my book. This reminds me, you can put your book on download for free for a few days at Amazon in order to hopefully generate reviews. This is good and bad. I think a lot of readers are just hitting up all the free books and buying less.
2. Goodreads seems like a good spot for promotion. I was able to pull up Man Against the World by Nick, but I wasn't able to find Sword of the Apocalypse by Rob. I recommend that we support each other by filling out their reviews and rating the books. I'm thinking the books show up once they've been added to the individual author's pages for Amazon.
3. Create an author's page for Amazon. Here's my author's page. Here's Jack Legend's author page.
4. Facebook author page is worth a try, but I'll tell you facebook is a hard nut to crack. Facebook is created with one goal in mind, and that's to get your dough. I'm not against making money, but you have to remember they tend to only post a small fraction of your posts to your friends for followers at any time. Now if you have a personal facebook page for yourself you can get a ton of likes for a picture of yourself or your dog, but post something related to making money and their algorithms will fence you in, big time.
5. I've got some ads going on Amazon and believe it or not it's kind of hard to get them to post your ad. Go figure, you'd think offering them money would be enough, but I suppose the problem could be I'm not bidding enough. Hopefully, I'll figure it out.
6.Find websites to post on. So far I just know of my sites, which I encourage you all to post anything at all that might get folks to buy your books. If you think of any other free sites that allow book promotional posts, then put links here.
7. Create a website for your books - example Jack Legend. It gives you a site to point all your efforts to besides just your Amazon book page. It gives you an extra space to promote your books dedicated to just to promoting your books.
8.*****Get Amazon Reviews for your book! This one is hard to do, but somehow, someway you have to talk people into not only buying your book, but also write a review. As mentioned already, giving it away free for a few days is supposed to help, but it is hard to get people to post a review. I'm very grateful to everyone on this site that's taken the time to write reviews for my books in the past. I recently read that the goal should be to get 50 reviews. I suppose once you get that many, you'll be higher in Amazon's pages and it will be easier to sell your book. That does seem like a lot, but you got to have goals.
Thing is, we put a whole lot of effort into writing including hours of editing. I'm determined to find a formula that gets my books out there, and if we can help each other out, perhaps we can all create hits.
Please share any ideas you might have for book promotion.