Site Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
The Man from Nowhere!  
Non-stop
western sci-fi action novel! A western for a new generation! Official SU The Man from Nowhere Page
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Sc-Fi with a Twist - From My Cold Dead Hands 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / SCI-FI / Science Fiction Books / Sc-Fi with a Twist - From My Cold Dead Hands
Superherouniverse.com is the place to find great original stories and art as well as all the latest major superhero movie news.
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!

Sc-Fi with a Twist - From My Cold Dead Hands

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  03 Mar 2017 16:39   Last Edited By: Jack Legend
The following is a short snippet from my new book Sci-Fi with a Twist. The story is entitled, From My Cold Dead Hands.

My name is Max Fox. I kill people for a living. I’m a professional hit-man. Have gun…will kill, I always say. Otherwise, I’m pretty much a law-abiding citizen, a real nice guy you wouldn’t mind having as a next-door neighbor…that is, unless someone was to pay me to…you know…meet with you on a business matter. If that happens, then I have only one suggestion for you…run.

My life was pretty normal, normal for a hit-man that is, until that day my phone rang at 3:30 in the morning. I reluctantly picked it up. I just got to bed not more than ten minutes ago, but, as they say, there’s no rest for the wicked. I needed the money, after all. I tend to blow it faster than I make it. Chicks cost money.

It turned out to be some old man on the other end of the phone. He sounded scared, like he was about to cry. I didn’t care, of course, all I cared about was whether or not he had money.  I agreed to meet the old man the following night in an abandoned parking lot about ten minutes away from my apartment. I told him to bring twenty grand, nothing smaller than hundred dollar bills. He agreed.
The old man was nervous and scared. He didn’t bother trying to hide it. He seemed like the type that had never done anything illegal before in his life.

“So, who do you want taken care of?” I asked.

“He’s…he’s a trained killer. He’s a professional hit man, and he’s been hired to kill me. I need you to get to him first.”

Sci-Fi with a Twist SU page

http://jacklegend.com/

https://www.facebook.com/twistedauthor/

http://superherouniverse.com/articles/images/sci-fi_twist.jpg
Buy the book at Amazon

There are eleven short stories in all. Most of the stories features time or space travel to some extent. There are a couple of westerns, a story of a hitman, a boy that travels to the 1980's, a preacher who needs the help of the Angel of Death, and a lot more.

Please order yourself a copy at Amazon and post a review. My goal is to get 50 reviews for Sci-Fi with a Twist in a year.

Thanks and have a great day. Be careful out there, because you never know what is just over the next hill.
Posted:  08 Mar 2017 16:45
Just a bit of background, I actually thought of the idea for this story while watching an old episode of Moonlighting on DVD

You remember the show, right? It starred Bruce Willis as David Addison and Cybil Shepard as Maddie Hayes as private detectives. The show was a favorite of mine from back in the 80's. Amazing to think this show was Bruce Willis's big break before Die Hard was a thing.

Back to the point. One of the episodes featuring an older hitman who was being targeted by a younger hitman. The young guy wanted to be top dog and killing the older, more well known hitman was apparently the thing to do to become upwardly mobile in the world of killers.

The old hitman would eventually get the drop on the younger inexperienced hitman, but instead of killing him in order to protect himself from future retaliation, the old guy showed mercy to the younger hitman allowing him to walk away.

Now, my story has a totally different angle, but that particular Moonlighting episode got the wheels turning for me. There was something about an old killer learning to show mercy that was really interesting to me. The idea that people can change for the better at any time of their lives is one I find rather inspiring or perhaps just encouraging. To read my story though you'll have to get it at Amazon.

And please, if you like it, consider taking a moment to write a review. Thanks.
Posted:  09 Mar 2017 17:01
Gun and crime
New promo image - http://superherouniverse.com/art/showphoto.php/photo/32308

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Top Ten Time Travel Books

*New Time Cruisers III Shadows of the Past

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys