*Archives   Home  Boards Comics  Cons  Features  Gallery  News Shopping  Wallpaper  Wiki  Videos  Superhero Fitness Site Rules
Deadlaw has arrived!
Custom Search

Superhero Comic Book News & Community Goals for Upcoming Deadlaw Graphic Novel 
»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

Comic Book Super Heroes Forum / Superhero Universe Characters / TF Universe / Goals for Upcoming Deadlaw Graphic Novel
SU Stories SU Gallery SU Character List  Story Index  Comic Book News Headlines Shop here!
Goals for Upcoming Deadlaw Graphic Novel

Superhero Costumes
Posted:  01 Jun 2017 19:59
I've loved comics since I was a kid and always in the back of my mind is this nagging feeling like I should be making comics so I'm at it again. This time I'm going to self-publish Deadlaw at Amazon under the pen name, Jack Legend. Those that have been on the site for a long time have probably read the old adventures of Deadlaw in our comics section. I never really finished his origins and truly established the character the way I wanted to, and I was still learning. That's why right off the bat, I'm firmly establishing the origin for Deadlaw this time around. It's a reboot of sorts. I plan on connecting the dots between Time-Rider and Deadlaw's new origin probably right on this site. Time-Rider has already caused a rebirth of sorts for my characters. Time-Rider Rebith

Somehow the timeline has changed, or maybe for some characters gone back to what they were before ATTA and Time-Rider started messing with time. Time travel is tricky that way. At any rate, I'm restarting Deadlaw with a fresh basic kind of origin that takes place in 1938. He's a hero with the powers of monsters in his blood whose greatest strength is his rage and his greatest weakness.

My goals for the book is to turn it into a regular series, but to do that I'll need all the help I can get. So, whenever I release it on Amazon, please share with your friends and family or anybody that likes to read comics.

Creatively my goal is to create a comic book that has the heart and soul of the classic comics I read as a kid back in the 70's and 80's. Those were stories filled with adventure and a real sense of awe. They had politics here and there, but that was the exception more than the rule. The goal back then, was, believe it or not, to tell stories and sell comics. It featured heroes that were actually heroic most of the time. These days, unfortunately, political statement has become a bigger priority than good story telling. I have to say though the Rebirth in DC Comics has been pretty good, at least in the Superman comics I've been reading. The Rebirth Superman issues have vastly improved from the New 52 issues. The 52 books were way too dark for my taste, just no fun. Comics can be edgy, but I think as the Marvel movies have proven, a good sense of humor to offset the seriousness from time to time really makes a story enjoyable.

The other goal I have is to make my comic as cheap as possible so, of course, it will be available in digital and print. The plan, right now, is to do a color and a black and white version. The black and white would be much cheaper as printing black and white is much cheaper. If the price for color is like outrageous for the final product, I may just go with black and white and digital only.

I may be kind of old to still have hopes for a comics career, but I'm also a firm believer in never saying die, and you're never too old to learn new things. It's when you stop learning, stop pushing ahead, that's when the aging process starts to really kick in.

Please leave me as much feedback as possible. Your input is invaluable. For those that do, I sign Jack Legend's autograph for free no matter how rich and famous I get. If I could get comfortably well off, that would be good too, or sell enough comics to justify making more comics. I'll take that too. I'll even take breaking even, or a kind word. Anything, really. Acknowledgement of my existence as a human being. I'll take anything but more dogs or cats. My cat doesn't like new pets. 

http://superherouniverse.com/art/data/666/page1-color.jpg
Posted:  09 Jun 2017 17:43
I am really enjoying your new Deadlaw project. I can't wait to see the finished result
Posted:  09 Jun 2017 17:55
Thanks. Working on a home inspection today, but I think I'll have the book done in 2-3 weeks or so.

Sci-Fi with a Twist

Short stories that will blow you away!

Book Description

Home repair videos

Superhero Collectibles

Superhero -
Books Clothing DVDs Games
Toys

Superhero Stores
Superhero Universe Characters

Aquaman Avengers Batman
Captain America Daredevil