2007 in comics
From Superhero Wiki Encyclopedia
Home Books Clothing DVDs Posters Toys Video Games
Comic Book News
Link to us
Online Comic Books
Comic Book Film Events of 2007
See 2007 in film
Spider-Man 3 the movie was commercially released in multiple countries on May 1, 2007, and released in the United States in both conventional and IMAX theaters on May 4, 2007. It became the number one movie of the year in the United States.
- January 10: Superman & Batman vs. Aliens & Predator released.
- January 24: The Boys is canceled with issue #6.
- February 2: Newsarama reports that The Boys has been picked up by Dynamite Entertainment.
- February 28: Release of 2000 AD prog #1526. This is the 30th anniversary issue and will see the start of three new storylines: Flesh (by Pat Mills and Ramon Sola), Nikolai Dante (by Robbie Morrison & Simon Fraser) and Savage (by Pat Mills and Charlie Adlard)
- March 7: Marvel comics kills Captain America (US)
- March 17: UK Web & Mini Comix Thing, one day event
- March 21: Andy Diggle starts his run on Hellblazer with issue 230
- May 12: Bristol Comic Expo, start of two day event
- May 23: British comic heroine Tank Girl returns after a twelve year sojourn, with original writer Alan Martin on scripts and Australian penciler Ashley Wood on art. The four-part mini-series is called The Gifting and will be collected in time for Christmas.
- July 25: The United States Postal Service released Marvel Superhero Stamps featuring Spider-Man, Wolverine, and other Marvel superheroes.
- August 11: Caption, start of two day event
- August 12, 2007, death of Mike Wieringo
- September 8: London Film & Comic Con, start of two day event
- October 10: The Best American series releases the second The Best American Comics publication. The collection is edited by Chris Ware and Anne Elizabeth Moore.
- November 9: The Folger Shakespeare Library hosts Lynda Barry, Alison Bechdel, and Chris Ware in a discussion on graphic novels as a part of the PEN/Faulkner Reading Series. 
First issues by title
The Black Blood Alliance (4-issue mini-series) Release: November 19, 2007. Writers: Kay Fedewa and E. Siegel.
Forge of War (6-issue mini-series) Release: May by Boom! Studios. Writers: Dan Abnett and Ian Edginton. Art by: Rahsan Ekedal.
Northlanders Release: December 5 by Vertigo. Writers: Brian Wood. Art by: Davide Gianfelice
Omega the Unknown Release: Early 2006 by Marvel Comics. Writer: Jonathan Lethem. Art by: Farel Dalrymple and colorist Paul Hornschemeier. Summary: 1970s superhero Omega the Unknown will be re-introduced in an updated series by Jonathan Lethem—best-known for his novels Motherless Brooklyn and The Fortress of Solitude. The storyline of the 10-issue series centers on a teenage prodigy from Washington Heights and his relationship with Omega, a mysterious and silent superhero from another world. (announced May 16, 2005)
Superman & Batman vs. Aliens & Predator (2-issue mini-series) Release: January 10 by DC Comics. Writer: Mark Schultz .Art by: Ariel Olivetti. Summary: The Man of Steel and the Dark Detective have to team up to defeat two of the galaxy's most dangerous hunters